Struggling to stay motivated or is it just me?

I've got...

Klein 90% complete, hopefully have some wheels in the next week or two
FAT 99% complete, juts gears to set up
Dialled, 70% complete, wheels also coming soon then I just need to get some brakes and a chainset.
Ibis 50% complete, need to solve the fork riddle.
Yo, 0% complete, but have loads of bits waiting.
Liyang, Dekerf, Serotta and HooKooEKoo are long termers.

All this upbeat positivity and lists of achievement are not helping as they show my failings in stark contrast. I'm now even more fed up and lacking in motivation.
Enough with the happy pills already :roll:

kaiser":3dlkmom0 said:
Road biking seems to be the answer V!

Yup!

Been out on the FS the last few evenings, establishing what I want to do with it. Currently 1x7speed which is largely ok for local terrain, but finding it difficult to fight the urge for Ergo shifters, which would require going to 8speed I think :D

Getting it set up as a rider first then will consider paint options ;)

Road bikes are anatomically torture for me and believe me I've tried. I even had a Raleigh Dynatech racer BITD but I never got on with it which was a shame as it had really nice Reynolds steel tubing bonded together.
Must rebuild my frankly slow but comfy recumbent but this requires the motivation i dont have.
Just need a run of proper summer weather to lift my spirits, some hope :(

A couple more bits to sell and then I can kick on with my latest idea of a project. XC whippet type bike.

kaiser":ynolfuu4 said:
Think we all need the weather.

defo, should have went out last night, go home went to get changed at that point the rain started stoating down. so I sat down and opened a beer

Its a shame you cant buy motivation in bottles :( :(

I am also lacking a bit at the moment, i have 3 bike projects on the go and another on the way (much to my wife surprise) :oops: :D

I find arranging cycle ride with a few mates helps, that way the banter/stick you get for not turning up is motivation enough.

And the Dorset Coastal cycle ride is soon so i need a bike for that as i would look pretty silly riding a 1985 Raleigh racer then :D

Back