Ibis Mojo SL 2009 Updated 7/12

I never really considered the crud catcher tbh. Its just one of those things I've always used on all my bikes. Now its summer and the trails are dry so I guess theres no need for it :oops:

As for using this as a cruiser :shock: not a chance. Thats what I built my rc300 for. Up until a few months ago this was my only bike. I used it for everything from downhill blasts and 4hr epics to nipping over to a mates house for beers :D . Now I have the rc300 for cruising / commuting and I keep the mojo for the proper rides :D .

Ive got the Mojo Carbon, they are truely awesome bikes, little slower up than an xc thoroughbred but then who cares they look amazing, pictures never do them justice. Have to agree on the crud comments, but then I don't even like to put my lights on mine.

I've not been enjoying this bike lately as much as I should really. The reason for this has been me spending the summer months enjoying the hardtail Pace I bought in April after 11 years of full sus only mtb's. Its been a good experience getting back into the hardtail thing and having to think about whats ahead and pick the smoothest line etc, but it has also made me realise what an awesome machine the Mojo is. The Pace is lighter (-2lbs) and stiffer (obviously) but the only place it would be faster is on smooth tarmac. Uphill. After riding the Pace I'm thinking the Mojo has no right to be able to climb as well as it does with 140mm travel to cope with, but throw in a loose / bumpy /slippery surface and the Mojo will destroy the Pace on the climbs, Not to mention what will happen on the downhill bits. And then add in the comfort factor of the suspension on the flatter bits too....

Heres a pic from the last outing. The wheels have been changed from the Hope/Mavics (now on my Pace) for a pair of Easton Twos and I've re-fitted the Joplin seatpost. It feels very high at the front after riding my 80mm forked Pace so I'm thinking of either changing the riser bars for flats or sourcing a lower stack headset. And maybe chopping 20mm of the steerer tube too. Apart from that my only other plan is to ride it more :D

20101017-P1000917.jpg

I was having crack with a guy at Glentress the other week who had one. Stunning bike, real piece of art. Didn't get to have a play on it though :(

So its been two years since I've posted any updates, but it's still my favourite bike and the spec has evolved a bit since the last pics. The list of changes are as follows:

Shifters and f+r mechs: XTR M980/5 with Goodridge cables
Cassette: XT 10sp 11-36
Chain: KMC X10
Wheels: Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo SP Stans Crest 32h
Brakes: Hope Race X2 183/160
Crank and Rings: Middleburn RS8 X-Type triple
Bars: USE Atom Carbon
Saddle: Charge Knife ti

20120701-P1020432.jpg

I've also swapped the 90mm Thomson stem for a 70mm, fitted a new lower link (35% stiffer apparently) and ditched the Joplin seat post for the Thomson that was originally fitted: I rarely used the dropper function and it developed a bit of play after a few rides. I sold it on ebay soon after...
And last month the forks were given a service and new bushings by our resident Pace suspension guru, Tim Justbackdated :cool:

There's still a few things on the list: Tubeless tyres, an 11-32 cassette and maybe wider bars but I'm very happy with it as it is :D

20120701-P1020450.jpg

20120701-P1020455.jpg

20120701-P1020454.jpg

20120701-P1020449.jpg

20120701-P1020420.jpg

20120701-P1020464.jpg

Real nice bike. I have never seen one in the flesh :( The blue touch is nice and subtle. Superstar sells brake hoses in different colors as well.

How do you like the rear mech. In Holland averybody is raving about that little 'clutch' system.

Back