Mountain Mayhem 2012 - the Aftermath

theredchili":2jybujg1 said:
John":2jybujg1 said:

Good news on the megaphone front, got a new microphone assemble en route from Germany.

I was asked by some random competitor about the Hecklerphone, I mentioned it was broken he was gutted, he said it was the best thing about Mayhem last year !

:LOL:

Muddy Mayhem

Well this was the first time i have done mayhem in a team of ten and oh what a great time i had with the Retro boys as i normally ride in a team of four.
Normally i do seven to eight laps so my 1.24.58 lap on Saturday afternoon with a puncture and no warm up or look at the course in those conditions was as good as my worse night lap from 2009 so i was really happy with that, after a good clean up and change of clothes it was over to the tent for an evening of entertainment.

The Heckle tent was the best thing of the whole weekend, words can't describe the atomosphere with the DJs, Smoke machine, BQ and most of all the heckling was excellent.

Heckling in faux german accent (brilliant).

Morning heckle with Ninja Turtles (Awesome)

I'd just like to thank everyone especially Jonnyboy666 for letting me use his bike and the rest of you for making it such an enjoyable weekend.
Hopefully you'll let me ride again next year.

Maccer (GA rider)

Really enjoyed reading this thread, hopefully will mkae it up next year and the weather will be a bit better!!

Well done to all who made it, some of the pictures are great!

I was a bit down last weekend after missing Mayhem, but having seen the pictures I'm feeling much better now. Well done to all who attended and kept the old school flag flying.

Mark, aside from the weather, you missed a cracker!

Was great.. good atmosphere, good people and shit riding (as always). Each year gets that bit better, and has been said, its an event inside the event. The BBQ, the heckling, the tunes, the teams, its all just works.

JV, you are right, have some replacements on order, £80 a piece, bar gin! No need for donations. TBH, if someone was shouting 200gs at me, I would pack in too.

Gus, good article, and fantastic pics! It could be your job! Oh..

Back