1992 Rocky Mountain Stratos

Chickenball

Retro Guru
Well....here I go again! This is the story of a bike lost and a bike found...and a little in between!

Sunday - Found a Craigslist ad for a RM Stratos....Hey for $200 its not something that you would come across so I decide to take a look.
KGrHqRqE-wWoKSJUBP55UfFP0w48_20.jpg

Monday - Go and take a look. Owner tells me he's had the bike for 6 months and likes switching bikes. Has had ads in Craigslist before and should've known that this was kinda fishy. Fork over $160. Take it home and find that it has blown Mag 21 forks, hockey tape on the brake levers (15 years worth), and hasn't been cleaned in 10 years! The good is that it has all the original componentry except for the tires. Also find a Ti handlebar! SCORE!!
Monday night.....I let Retro_roy know of my find and notifies me that the same bike was listed on Craigslist the previous friday for $60! Here is his pic....
stratos.jpg

The only reason why he didn't pick it up because scumbag seller/buyer beat him to it on Friday! :x

Thursday - Picked up a Tange Super big fork for the project $10! SCORE!!!

Monday - Sanded, primed, and painted the fork! Already fitted with a Syncros stem, more updates to come!
IMG_04341.jpg

IMG_04371.jpg

It just didn't click with me until Retro_Roy told me about a Stratos....then I looked closer and thought...."I am a complete BONEHEAD!" Oh well...I am going to "ride it like I stole it"!

hi
what stem is that on it? is it steel or aluminum? could you take some pictures and post here. looking forward to seeing it in person. past weekend didn't work out.
roy

Retro_Roy":48adkiwu said:
hi
what stem is that on it? is it steel or aluminum? could you take some pictures and post here. looking forward to seeing it in person. past weekend didn't work out.
roy
Roy, you notice. Hard to find. 2 in 2 weeks. I'm guessing it predates most...

chiho080":395dkyow said:
The good is that it has all the original componentry except for the tires.

Thanks tips!

Roy here's the stem that is going on the bike. Also added the updated crank/crankset!

P1050199.jpg

P1050201.jpg

Back