GRAB MY BITS!!Hope,SID's, Middleburn,Thomson, CrankBros,XTR.

mikesnowdon

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sadly I have to sell all these parts. The bike has been sat in bitts for ages now because I wanted to get some work done on the frame but just haven't got around to it. I've also since developed a dodgy knee and hit financial hard times so everything you see in the build below is up for grabs minus the original frame.

Everything you see in this thread minus the Easton straight bars is up for grabs. PM me for details, pics, or to make an offer.

viewtopic.php?t=102007&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

EDIT: Wheels for sale as a pair only, preferrably. Reason being they have very sought after matching Hope Ti hubs, and very rare 5 bolt Hope rotors so would be best to keep them as a set. The rims are different (XC717 and XM317) but look visually similar, and the rear wheel needs one new nipple. Nipples are Gold alloy. Front has DT rev spokes, Rear has Dt comps I think.

Frame and Fork
Fork: Custom 1998 SID converted to 80mm travel using modified internals from a 2000 SID XC. New red anodized damper adjuster knob.
Headset: Crank Bros Directset, red/black
Headset topcap/hw: Crank Bros. Red alloy bolt
Headset spacers: KCNC (3 x 5mm in Rasta colours)

Wheels and tires (prefer to sell as a pair)
Front;
Hub: Hope Ti suspension
Spokes: DT rev
Spoke nipples: Gold Alloy
Rim: Mavic XC717 Disc
Quick release: Salsa Rasta steel
Tire: Conti speed king 2.1 fold
Tube's: Conti Supersonic
Brake disc: Hope mono mini 5-bolt + spider

Rear:
Hub: Hope Ti Glide
Spokes: dt comp
Spoke nipples: Gold Alloy
Rim: Mavic 317 Disc
Quick release: Salsa Rasta steel
Tire: Conti speed king 2.1 fold
Tube: Conti Supersonic
Brake disc: Hope mono mini 5-bolt + spider

Drivetrain
Pedals: Crank Bros EggBeater SL, blue springs
Chainset: 175mm Middleburn XC duo with Gold Middleburn Chainring bolts and Gold Middleburn self extracting crank arm bolts. SOLD - tonydata
Front derailer: XTR M960
Rear derailer: XTR M952 short cage with KCNC Jockey wheels and Avid Rolamagig in matching grey - SOLD to jitensha
Cassette: XTR M952. Lower 2 cogs worn but rideable.
Chain: KMC X9L Ti-N

Brakes
Front: Hope Mini mono Upgraded lever bolts and reservoir caps.

Controls
Handlebar: Easton Monkeylite SOLD - jitensha
Grips: White Ritchey
Stem: Thomson 100mm 5deg rise
Front shifter: XT M750
Rear shifter: XT M750 9spd
Saddle: Flite Ti TT (the lighter 165g one) SOLD to jitensha
Seatpost: Thomson elite with KCNC yokes and Ti bolts

picture2008h.jpg

picture2007.jpg

SOLD/GONE:

Frame - greencat.

Hi its 18" mate.

Its a 1996 Lava Dome frame. In the pic there is a disk tab but I removed it as it was a badly done DIY job.

I was going to get a proper one done and re-spray.

There is some minor surface rust in a some areas. Nothing a shot blast and respray cant handle.

So it needs paint plus a disk tab or canti studs fitted to be useable....

No worries. Just let me know what the postage might be. Equally, if you want to wait a few days to see if you get an offer for the complete bike - that's also cool.

orangeone":23lxm58e said:
Second dibs the frame. Pm on way

PM Received. You have second dibs.

Just going to try and find out the postage. Presume you are both UK based?

Also, the BB is properly stuck. I tried with a pin spanner and the pins broke off.....

If you use the existing BB I guess it could be masked up before painting. The bearings are sound. Axle length is a tad short from the RS duo's I was running gave enough chain stay clearance. Would be ideal for a single speed perhaps.

EDIT: Masked up.....

Back