Stone Roses

i misted it,but my mates went they loved it
they stayed at the back away from the the cups of flying p-ss
:roll:

cornholio's RC200":20sp0zbz said:
I went on Saturday and it was carnage. Loads of 40-somethings trying to relive their youth and failing... Bodies everywhere :LOL:

Ahem ... Im 32.. :oops: :oops:

I was one of the bodies ( I Think) Lost 2 hours of my life completely, was okay until Beady Eye finished then next thing I know, Im in the Woods on the phone to my GF who I lost 2 hours previously...
Covered head to toe in mud with a massive gash on my knee, shin knackered & thumb feeling broken

Lost my coat with house & car keys in & had to break a window to get in the house..

Ive been rough ever since.. Pretty sure I got spiked with something which didnt agree with me..

Up until then it was a great gig...

Never felt so ashamed in my life tho :oops: :oops:

Im guessing I passed out somewhere & woke up when the fireworks went off.. or as my mates are saying, i got bummed in the woods :LOL: :LOL:

AdamAsh":1l0fgc8f said:
cornholio's RC200":1l0fgc8f said:
I went on Saturday and it was carnage. Loads of 40-somethings trying to relive their youth and failing... Bodies everywhere :LOL:

Ahem ... Im 32.. :oops: :oops:

I was one of the bodies ( I Think) Lost 2 hours of my life completely, was okay until Beady Eye finished then next thing I know, Im in the Woods on the phone to my GF who I lost 2 hours previously...
Covered head to toe in mud with a massive gash on my knee, shin knackered & thumb feeling broken

Lost my coat with house & car keys in & had to break a window to get in the house..

Ive been rough ever since.. Pretty sure I got spiked with something which didnt agree with me..

Up until then it was a great gig...

Never felt so ashamed in my life tho :oops: :oops:

Im guessing I passed out somewhere & woke up when the fireworks went off.. or as my mates are saying, i got bummed in the woods :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL:
Sounds like most weekends of my youth (minus the bumming!)

Kerplunk":3v17p2rm said:
Wasn't there just. Reckon about 95% of the crowd had packed the kids off to the grandparents for the weekend and were having a big one.

Sounds about right :)

Kerplunk":3v17p2rm said:
Not many looked capable of still having one and surviving. Had a great time though. Brown's voice didn't sound that bad, its all relative with him, from where we were at the back and have to say that I thought they sounded way better than I was expecting. Did seem to me like there were more than 75,000 people there.

Great gig indeed. Band were tight and complete, was a bit worried Reni might pike it having read various internet rumours. Great buzz. Brown sounded OK although his voice was mostly drowned out by 75000 singing. Can only imagine this will be a high point for them, can only wonder how will the new material stand up?

Glad I wore wellies though, don't reckon too many pairs of the box fresh Stan Smiths I saw heading to the gig sunday will be looking box fresh now. More likely covered in mud and p*ss.

AdamAsh":3v17p2rm said:

Hmm, that'll probably be what you bought from the kindly chaps outside the tram station, no?

Slightly off-topic but I went to the Happy Mondays homecoming gig at the MEN arena in 2007...

I was one of the 'bodies' and so was the random guy next to me who was being resuscitated by the Paramedics - I dont do drugs anymore.

Vive la Roses!

John":2xb580w6 said:
Glad I wore wellies though, don't reckon too many pairs of the box fresh Stan Smiths I saw heading to the gig sunday will be looking box fresh now. More likely covered in mud and p*ss.

Quite glad I was with the missus and decided we were better off at the top of the hill so she had a chance of seeing something. We positioned ourselves right in front of the disabled viewing platform where luckily it still grass not mud. Also meant we weren't getting bumped around too much.

Well, saw them yesterday it took a little while for ian to warm up, but the show was saved by squire and some crowd help:)
Justice were good too so were Death In Vegas. Tomorrow its time for Radiohead, Kills, Warpaint, Mazzy Star and other nice bands. ;D
beer was crap though.

Back