Anyone like Diamond Back's?

mamadirt":1clwmz6g said:
Wow that's great :p

My first MTB was a Diamondback - nothing like that though - just a basic 1992 Camarillo but it was the one that started it all and I'd love to find another for that reason alone.

Love the forks. Switchblades? :cool:

hi
they look like some variation of a switchblade. they were the initial reason i went to look at the bike in the first place. i love forks. :oops:
thought it might be a good parts bike. but when i saw it i knew there was no way i was going to part out this beauty. keep it exactly as is.
roy

Nice pick up Roy. Those rims are specifically made for Trek bikes back in 1991 and 1992. I had them on my 8700. I have not seen a DB in Suntour before. All of them are usually DX or XT spec. Its quite unusual to see Suntour. My friend has a DB of the same era and I just tuned it up for him. Hope this helps!

Lousy weather this weekend for a bike ride....hopefully it gets nicer tomorrow or Monday!

Lovely bike, never heard of AXIS Le before though.

As posted above, the Matrix rims are a Trek OEM product, likewise the XC Pro mech & levers do not tie in with the lower level XCM cantis or levers. I'd be inclined to believe that it has been built up going from those oddities & I cant ever recall Suntour being specced on a DB. Likewise the X-1 chainset is just not anywhere near matching spec of the frame model.

I will add it looks a beauty though. Maybe bring the brakes & levers upto spec & keep it Suntour + ditch the saddle & replace with an Avenir item mounted at a proper angle.

NICE BIKE!

I saw that on CL the other day and thought it wouldn't stay for sale very long! Weird spec but in great condition. I had a '91 Axis (I think) BITD and I'm fairly sure it had True Temper tubes.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Revive...

I had the exact same bike but stock fork, Tange frame set, but with a full Deore DX groupo and Mavic rims in Canada. I'm pretty sure I bought it in 1990 or1991.

Back