Great big Singlespeed thread!

nice day today - took the SS road and tow path warrior for a bit of tracking. 42T front ring (magic gear) can be a bit tough in places - but it's flat round here ;)

konass.jpg
[/img]

got a 42 up front on mine sswiss, it makes for great flat riding, doesn't it

latest pic of mine in summer shoes, thank you Rich!

trek7000summershoes.jpg

Anyone had a geared frame converted to track ends? Got an old frame I'd like to make a dedicated SS. However, my two local frame builders suggest that it isn't possible to use track ends with a fixed disc mount and that you'd need to go with either Rohloff dropouts or an EBB - the frame isn't worth either. Obviously, they know better than me. But if a fixed disc mount doesn't work with track ends, why are there so many frames with track ends and a fixed disc mount? Just wondered if anyone had gone down this route.

beagle":2bxriygb said:
Anyone had a geared frame converted to track ends? Got an old frame I'd like to make a dedicated SS. However, my two local frame builders suggest that it isn't possible to use track ends with a fixed disc mount and that you'd need to go with either Rohloff dropouts or an EBB - the frame isn't worth either. Obviously, they know better than me. But if a fixed disc mount doesn't work with track ends, why are there so many frames with track ends and a fixed disc mount? Just wondered if anyone had gone down this route.
it does work but you do need a slotted disc mount for adjustment

cyfa2809":1epjtvu8 said:
Egg ring?

How does that work in an ss setup?

Everyone wonders that....
But think about it, the chain is always on 50% of the ring, long and narrow or short and fat, if you get my drift?

Egg rings work!

I did think that after i posted.

I guess in real simple terms its just a squashed round ring with same amount of teeth etc.

suburbanreuben":10duyh1w said:
cyfa2809":10duyh1w said:
Egg ring?

How does that work in an ss setup?

Everyone wonders that....
But think about it, the chain is always on 50% of the ring, long and narrow or short and fat, if you get my drift?

Egg rings work!

Yes, it's right, no problem for chain ;)

Back