'99 Orange Ms Isle rebuild time!

That'll teach me for not replacing the cable outers.

The curled on from frame to rear mech decided it had had enough on my way home today. :roll:

So just popped and got some new cable and outer and will replace them this evening :)

Also took this the other day..
9c907de0.jpg

I like that last picture.....that's pretty cool.

Did you edit that with a phone? I only ask because my other half has an app on her phone that allows her to do some pretty cool stuff to pictures (she did an ace one of my battered riding shoes that I left on the steps yesterday).

Still cycling every day despite the weather... Current totals..

4b59d583.jpg

Come to a rather amicable agreement with wifey too so got to keep going n get back in shape :)

Over the 100mile mark now. Yayyy

92fbbdcc.jpg

rear mech is still playing up after the cable change. Can't seem to get it setup right. Always seems to miss a cog every now and then shifting in either direction (there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the problem).

I know some on here have fuky stripped mechs before but i guess it depends on model.
If it is the problem i suppose a new one it is!
Sometimes a dousing of gt85 can free up the pivots but rarely.

Yea I gave it a good clean and degrease but doesn't seem to of made any difference.

Hmm might make the jump to a SRAM shifter and rear mech. Used a friends setup for a quick ride and love the twin thumb button shifter setup. Also seems slicker than my shimano setup (when It was working).

Latest posts

Back