RETRO/ MODERN MARIN KLUNKER THING

retroman

Retro Guru
hello, bought this a week or two ago off vinnya77, was ball burnished but i decided to go satin black and purple :shock: , gave it a good rub down and prime with zinc primer followed by numerous top coats, it will chip easy but is also easy to touch up :D . put some nice purple brakes and skewers on and bought some bar ends off bob, coming soon purple pedals and bottle cage. had to have the fat frank tyres, thank you wife :D . the forks are some sun tours i had lying round and the decals came with the bike. its by no way a purist but i wanted something for the road, the patriot is wat too heavy :? . took itr out on saturday night for a shake down ride, ohh no forgot to tighten the brakes and the cranks :oops: had to push home, 2 miles , forgot my tool kit. fast forward last night we would go for an ice cream, bike fixed off we went 2 miles from home chain snapped, no chain splitter, borrowed the wifes bike went hone got the gear went back fixed the chain then it pi**ed down :cry: . went home got in the car and went for cake instead. sorry to twitter on , what do you think of the bike.

cheers drew.

orange014.jpg
orange015.jpg
orange016.jpg
orange018.jpg

oohh its an indian fire trail

Looks Great Drew - the purple and black looks the business...

Totally different, but looks superb....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You certainly work fast my friend.

I really like that! You've done well.
As you say not for the purist, but spot on if you ask me! :LOL:
I'm really glad it was you that bought it, and done something different with it.

Custom builds are way better than OEM spec catalogue builds, ANYDAY! The people ON bikes are individual, so why not the bike?

Love it

G

Looks the biz... Purple rules !! Nice work in the garden too love the sleepers ..

Col :)

There's a twist..taking metal and painting it..normally it's a strip then polish.

it's odd looking but catching the eye..a bit like an ex i used to have

retroman":1od51nzl said:
hello, bought this a week or two ago off vinnya77, was ball burnished but i decided to go satin black and purple :shock: , gave it a good rub down and prime with zinc primer followed by numerous top coats, it will chip easy but is also easy to touch up :D . put some nice purple brakes and skewers on and bought some bar ends off bob, coming soon purple pedals and bottle cage. had to have the fat frank tyres, thank you wife :D . the forks are some sun tours i had lying round and the decals came with the bike. its by no way a purist but i wanted something for the road, the patriot is wat too heavy :? . took itr out on saturday night for a shake down ride, ohh no forgot to tighten the brakes and the cranks :oops: had to push home, 2 miles , forgot my tool kit. fast forward last night we would go for an ice cream, bike fixed off we went 2 miles from home chain snapped, no chain splitter, borrowed the wifes bike went hone got the gear went back fixed the chain then it pi**ed down :cry: . went home got in the car and went for cake instead. sorry to twitter on , what do you think of the bike.

cheers drew.

orange014.jpg
orange015.jpg
orange016.jpg
orange018.jpg

oohh its an indian fire trail

Love all those purple bits. Very nice build.

Back