1995 Marin Indian Fire Trail

vinnya77

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I went for a ride yesterday and my girlfriend took my I.F.T. I have finished (hence the low seat, I'm not that short).
My favourite part is the NOS m3's, along with the NOS head badge.
As you can see also got a small group shoot with another I.F.T. in progress.
There's also one with the welders, and a '96 waiting to be polished.
The complete one you see was a frame I rescued.
It needed welding in 3 places, and the finish was ruined as the previous owner attacked it with a number of harsh abrasives trying to remove the lacquer in a variety of ways.
So I had it powder coated, new decals and a body shop cover it in fresh lacquer. It will stay for now, then when the other 1 is polished I'll transfer it all to that and sell this one.

3fe8fcbe.jpg

b584cd42.jpg

dde9122c.jpg

552bc137.jpg

cd5800fb.jpg

Looking good mate - love the IFTs and the Manitous really set it off - really good build...

ift

hello again, lush bike , the world seems full of ift,s at the moment and why not. finnished mine pics are posted.

cheers drew

Cheers guys, I have the parts to finish the one hanging up. Just need some time.

Both yours also look spot on also. 3 bikes, the same model and same year but different looks. All work well if you ask me. :LOL:

Hi,

I'm an IFT fan. It was love at first sight and I finally got to own one back in 1996/7 and still have it (a 1995 model) today. I raced on it and rode it regularly. In fact, I sold it once and bought it back and was so relieved. I used it to commute to work on every day for a few years and had a bottom bracket seized into is and have finally managed to get it out.

I also have a set of Manitou 3's to go with it.

The pics you posted are great.

I have a question - what did you use to clean the frame? Did you take the lacquer off? I've heard that Alu Foil will do the job. If you've got any advice it would be much appreciated as I'm about to fully restore mine.

Cheers,

vinnya77":1yiy4wth said:
I went for a ride yesterday and my girlfriend took my I.F.T. I have finished (hence the low seat, I'm not that short).
My favourite part is the NOS m3's, along with the NOS head badge.
As you can see also got a small group shoot with another I.F.T. in progress.
There's also one with the welders, and a '96 waiting to be polished.
The complete one you see was a frame I rescued.
It needed welding in 3 places, and the finish was ruined as the previous owner attacked it with a number of harsh abrasives trying to remove the lacquer in a variety of ways.
So I had it powder coated, new decals and a body shop cover it in fresh lacquer. It will stay for now, then when the other 1 is polished I'll transfer it all to that and sell this one.

3fe8fcbe.jpg

b584cd42.jpg

dde9122c.jpg

552bc137.jpg

cd5800fb.jpg

Latest posts

Back