1993 Univega Alpina Comp

sylus":1oot0ffh said:
didn't some of these come with suntour xc comp as standard?
I have no idea. I'd like to find out some more about the original specs and Univega bikes in general.

This one has recently been changed to an LX M560 groupset. Must get a few more photos taken of it at some point.

I aren't aware of any of their mountain bikes using Suntour components but I think the earlier road bikes did.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Great bike!! I like rigid bikes. You can not go as fast, but you sure can feel everything under the tires...

Hi
Not sure if this is too late to comment but here it is anyhow.
I have one of these - bought new by me in Leicester (even though I lived in London it was nearest stockist) - for about £750 in 1993. May even have the manual somewhere.
It did have Suntour XC (in fact I still have original mech) but I changed in late 90's to XT which is still going strong.
Mine has original Concept stem & seat post.
In my late 90's upgrade I added Marzochi Bombers (still excellent) and changed front brake to V-brake (I still have original though).
Must have changed chain and cassette but not for a long time.
It spent years in a warmer clime so been kept tidy.
It's now my Tues eve local rider and has just been cycle touring in Holland.
It's still a great ride!
Cheers

I'd really like to see some pictures of yours if you have any. That manual would also be great to see.

Must update this thread. Raced mine at Mountain Mayhem recently. It now has DX M-075 Rapidfire Plus shifters fitted instead of thumbies.
I have some photos to upload...

Will post some pics over next few days (dare I say am considering selling but not sure can bring myself to do it).

Back