Another frame ID please?

passatman

Dirt Disciple
Following on from my 'Where to start' thread, I've made a start, and it was on this.

Picked up from my source of bikes, the local second hand guy who has the tip contracts in various places. It was bought in a job lot of bikes and probably owes me £10, so I may as well do something with it.

My main issue is the headbadge, and the fact that the frame looks newer than the badge would tell, and there is a 'spare' headbadge hole underneath. Also has a sticker saying it has been re-enamelled at Ellis Briggs, with a phone prefix missing the zero, so must be 80's or earlier? It has Campag rear dropouts, and the rest is as you can see. Is it a CB? Would anyone know which frame type it is? Many thanks......again :D

ui2ik187e14b3f6viewattth13843e5b0e1-6.jpg

ui2ik187e14b3f6viewattth13843e5b0e1-4.jpg

ui2ik187e14b3f6viewattth13843e5b0e1-3.jpg

ui2ik187e14b3f6viewattth13843e5b0e1-2.jpg

ui2ik187e14b3f6viewattth13843e5b0e1-1.jpg

ui2ik187e14b3f6viewattth13843e5b0e1.jpg

Under BB cable runs and guides on the top tube mark it out as an 80's frame... many a builder could have produced it so unless there's something unique about the frame number then it might remain unrecognised.

Shaun

Well, the number is 014222, so not sure if anything can be gained from that. If not, it'll just get painted, I'll have to start choosing colours. Luckily I have friends with a blasting place, so next stop will be there I think.

Cheers fella. Where in Cumbria are you? I'm from 'out West' originally :)

Edit: I'm Shaun too, cracking name!

Frame number doesn't seem to give anything away LOL

Not sure why but it looks like a holdsworth but I could be way off the mark :D

Colour is a very personal thing, I have a pink pike (giro pink) amongst others but for a single flat colour I have a cream bob jackson which has a touch of class about it.

I'm not from out west but live south of carlisle in one of the hesket's .....

Nothing wrong with being called Shaun........I'm named after a 40's writer of western novels :D

Shaun

Latest posts

Back