SOLD Asus EEEPC netbook

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
In good working order, although I replaced the horrible custom Linux distro with a new one (had to use an SD card as part of the hard disk as the disks on these are TINY) and the battery doesn't last so long.

Perfectly adequate as a second PC or one for your kids to play with. If it dies, that isn't the end of the world.

£50 posted.

Will it run Hyperterminal with a USB to SERIAL adaptor?

USBSER5.jpg

legrandefromage":2wzj1hya said:
USBSER5.jpg
You'll most likely easily find some terminal emulation software running on, or available for Linux distros. Support for the cable might be another barrier, though.

I'm guessing you'd use that to terminal emulate / login / telnet / ssh to some kind of network device (router / switch, that kind of thing)?

Neil":27u5llcr said:
legrandefromage":27u5llcr said:
USBSER5.jpg
You'll most likely easily find some terminal emulation software running on, or available for Linux distros. Support for the cable might be another barrier, though.

I'm guessing you'd use that to terminal emulate / login / telnet / ssh to some kind of network device (router / switch, that kind of thing)?

Yes and would rather not carry a full sized laptop. I have XP on CD which I believe has hyperterm and wondered if I could get it to fit.

I might just hunt around for a cheapie anyway.

It's sold, sorry!

Does it have to be a mobile PC? I have a low powered Viglen MPC that might suit.

chris667":1ofbcmdk said:
It's sold, sorry!

Does it have to be a mobile PC? I have a low powered Viglen MPC that might suit.

anything that isnt too heavy for lugging up stairs along with tools etc.

Back