Struggling to stay motivated or is it just me?

Mr Panda":15mfykgg said:
Plumbing duty most of the weekend :cry:

Although I may well be in Oban and fancy a go at novice sea kayakin' :p

We're doing the syha (youth hostel) beginners course. Check out their website, they do some pretty good courses.

Kaiser - hoping to get to the Pitmedden ride, but work's manic just now as I do holiday cover and everyone's off just now. Met the guy's down there a couple of months back and have been down a couple of times since. Less than an hour from me.

Had spoken to TK about the Sidlaws, so maybe time to organise a ride there, that's if we can get the Fifers to cross the border!

kaiser":12mokp7m said:
Who has what left to build? What have you all got in the pipeline?

I have the RTS, intended to strip the Zaskar and use the bits from that for a quick build, then i fancied keeping the Zaskar so the quick build has turned into a slow one as i have to buy all the bits from scratch, does'nt help that i've gone for a modern disc braked build, it'll get there though.

Also have the E3, painted that Orange/Silver fade, dont like it so going to re do it plain grey, like the RTS that needs tons of bits.

Klunker, have that scattered around the house, liked the last (Camo) Klunker i built but doing this one fully geared and with proper brakes, that needs wheels built, tyres, brakes and gears bought so dont expect to see that soon :roll:

Slowly accumulating bits for the Flying Scot :D

Extremely slow progress (that's probably not the right word) on the disc converted Explosif :LOL:

Still in two minds re the Kuota :?

kaiser":2xpouwm3 said:

Strip the Rock Lobster down, sell the frame, wheels and XTR V's and replace it all with a disc only steel frame, disc wheels and BB7's. If all goes well I should get myself a new bike with minimal outlay.

Also completely lost the bike mojo.
Tried to get out yesterday but car broke down near Peebles, so patched it up and nursed it home then spent afternoon under bonnet replacing stuff :roll:
Fed up with the never ending winter, S.A.D. all year, i mean C'MON :x

Struggling with the time and weather, didn't make it out on Tue or Wed last week due to weather and other things. Manage a quick hour at blairadam on Saturday in the p!shing laser guided rain. Got up early yesterday, p!ssing down, went out later in the dry, managed 15 un-enjoyable miles in a head wind for the rain to start pishing, short cut home.

need to get my finger out on my dave yate eroica road bike project. have got all the parts, just nervous about the paint mixing/matching/touch up bit. spent an hour yesterday prepping, just need to get started...

time's always an issue, but the weather certainly ain't helping.

the shed so crammed these day, even the messing about with parts needs to outdoors

I'm the same - got 3 projects and a "daily" rider to sort out but can't work in the shed as I need to empty it into the rain to get space.

Motivation for riding is definitely there but work and DIY is in the way at the moment. The rain is even holding up some of the DIY.

My other half's frame of mind at the moment is akin to the type in the deepest of winters, she loves the sun and is really suffering.

Next week Cornwall, it better not rain.

kaiser":sznt17uj said:

Clunker to strip, braze(silver solder) and repaint.
P7 to strip (seized stem)
Xizang to overhaul - including getting a seized freewheel off.
Rockhopper to finish drilling out bottom bracket and rebuild.

Also got 2 sets of forks to fully service and don't have the spare £100 for that at the moment. Could do with a new shock for the Marin too, although I am still in 2 minds about keeping that.

Road bike + strava has kept things interesting for me this year - great for fitness and nice to be able to track your progress as you get faster, just don't compare yourself to the whippets. And obviously reaps rewards when you do get out for an off-road trundle.

Weather seems like less of an issue for me with the road bike too, probably because you can just nip out between the showers and get a quick ride in. A different kind of satisfying from mountain biking, but good all the same. Know which one I still prefer though...

DITTO, same me apart Strava thing. Would like try it though, its an mobile app isn't it?
I've got mudguards attached to road bike all year, I'm missing cool look but sod this, my back is dry and clean at least.

Back