Zinn Z-Classic - Finished Page 3

dazzawazza":2s8sl64u said:
I was watching this with interest on Ebay, but the frame is to big for me.
Out of interest, how tall are you and does the frame match perfectly?

It's good to know that the decals are available if a bike in need of restoration is ever listed.
Campagnolo Centaur is my choice of components for a Zinn. :cool:

I'm about 5'11" and it's ok for me. The reach could be a bit longer but it's definitely rideable.

I'll post up an image later of the decals I drew up so people can see them if they are interested.

My other Zinn is the Centaur model and has been restored with NOS Centaur components :cool:

Giom6":1k79luxx said:
My other Zinn is the Centaur model and has been restored with NOS Centaur components :cool:
And it's rubbish and really needs to come to me for a few weeks 'beasting' ;)

£285 would have done it :D

Had a quick ride this afternoon before starting the clean up.

The bike rides great. Very nimble on the fast single track (where there is less mud) and responsive on the climbs which is just how I like it. I still had the semi slicks on that it came with so it should be a bit more forgiving over the rough stuff once I get some grippier tyres on.

All in all I can't fault it! :)

I will post up updates when I start the tinkering.

G

I don't think I've ever seen a Zinn (let alone two), although I remember they had almost legendary status back in the 90's; any idea how many bikes were made?

NeilM":1cq41fmx said:
I don't think I've ever seen a Zinn (let alone two), although I remember they had almost legendary status back in the 90's; any idea how many bikes were made?

According to Andy on the eBay thread for the bike,he thinks they made about 200, so not loads.

Whern I originally owned the Centaur I never saw another one for over 12/13 years, apart from in the magazines.

Same number as the Bigfoot / Ozone / Smokestone e-stay bikes.

Still a few more to be found then, I shall have to keep my eyes open ;)

Different Zinn I'm afraid.

This bike was made in The UK and is unrelated to the Zinn in the US. But confusing...

Back