Mk1 Oakley Frogskins

rojo":2hlo0y8x said:
I might know a guy that has mk1 lenses , will ask him, not
sure on the colour though, does that matter??

Much appreciated Jon, any colour would be cool.

I have a pair of 1995 frogskins with blue iridium lenses. Lenses are quite scratched. I take it the new lenses don't fit the old frames.

My recollection is that the gen 1 Frogskins (metal hinges) won't accept the new lenses but the gen 2 Frogskins (plastic hinges) will. Not sure if others can confirm? I don't have any any more (despite my avatar...!)

Fatal Swan":2wbq9ypj said:
My recollection is that the gen 1 Frogskins (metal hinges) won't accept the new lenses but the gen 2 Frogskins (plastic hinges) will. Not sure if others can confirm? I don't have any any more (despite my avatar...!)

Think that's correct. If not you can certainly buy replacement lenses to suit a MK 2 plastic hinge FRogskin from here > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-VL-Polari ... 2ebf70729e

If you decide you want to sell let me know, broke another pair over the weekend :(

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm loving my Mk2 Frogskins - identical to Fatal Swans...

Only problem is the pink bag* that have my kids in hysterics every time they see it...

* Soft case - not 'er indoors!

:D :D

Wow, those blue Froggies are cool as .... :cool:

I had a basic clear grey metal-hinged pair bitd with grey lenses - all I could afford at the time. Sold them a few years ago for much the same as I paid new (£25 iirc) but wish I'd kept them.

I can feel a reissue coming on :p

The VL replacement lenses in John's post are good for the money. I bought a set of the 24k Gold VL lenses (for £17) to put in a reissue frame a little while back - they were really nice and fit perfectly.

Attachments

• Frogskin24k.jpg
    Frogskin24k.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 738

Latest posts

Back