Struggling to stay motivated or is it just me?

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Finding it hard to get up and out at the moment. Out for a couple of hours this morning and feel better for it, but it was a bit of a struggle. Had a few rides planned this year and a new frame to play with but since then I've been finding it hard to get motivated to ride. Big rides are fine, been trail finding up Glen Clova last month, and had a great day at Laggan on Tuesday, it's just the run of the mill local rides that don't hold much appeal just now. Anyone else suffering?
Don't know if it's the weather or I just need a break. No local riding buddies at the moment either due to kids and new houses, which isn't helping. Been looking at the calendar and there isn't even anything interesting coming up. The Inners national is slap bang in the middle of my holiday and I'll be somewhere offshore near Oban in a sea kayak.
Anyone know any events coming up I might have missed? Hopefully having something to get out for will spur me on.

Na, seriously i know what you mean, i'm ok if i have an arranged ride to go to but have to really push myself to go out on my own, if i take the MTB out i struggle to stay out more than an hour or so, if i've packed it into the car i'm out a bit longer to justify the hassle.

Road bike i struggle to do more than 25 miles (about an hour and a half) :roll:

No builds getting done either, car has started eating money, Tax and Mot are due next month.

My car is temporarily goosed so getting out is difficult as I live in the middle of the city. Should have the car back by the end of next week so will plan a few outings for July before work gets crazy in August and then pray for a good September weatherwise.

Even resorted to downloading Strava app for my phone. That was depressing!
Recorded this mornings ride and discovered a segment starts 50m from my front door. Currently 7th from 9 but that was without any warm up as that climb IS my warm up. At least it'll give me something to aim for.
Today's ride had over 1000ft of climbing which at least explains the average speed of 12.5mph over 26 miles. Just need to see if the gps signal hold when playing in the woods. Need to keep them private though, don't want some wee scrote tearing up MY trails. Especially after MBUK published my local trails as their ride of the month. They've either really run out of options or the bike shop mentioned (the crap one just out of town, not the nice one in town centre) gave them a backhander. It's a nice ride, but anyone travelling any distance is going to be sadly let down.

well clubby i'm with you
i cant be arsed with bicycles at the moment
tho i did have a good run out with dad and shed last week

powered 2 wheelers is where its at the noo

the mojo will return tho

Plumbing duty most of the weekend :cry:

Although I may well be in Oban and fancy a go at novice sea kayakin' :p

Weather has been a pisser. What about this?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=208273

You could also consider inviting the MacRetro round your trails? Start a thread get a date sorted and plan a route.

Personally I'm on the up :D I've a few builds that have been dragging on far too long are finally coming together. I've also picked up a couple of future projects too. Off on hols soon then when I come back its full on 3 peaks training. All good :D

Who has what left to build? What have you all got in the pipeline?

Back