Zinn Z-Classic - Finished Page 3

Gio.

What a great buy...., there werent many that Bucked the trend, no shimano, and grips aside.... a full European Build.

I love the Contempory colour, i love... its complete and Original and in PERFECT understanding hands.

If mine, i would fettle as you have suggested, then ride it like you stole it....and perhaps leave your Z-Centaur for High days and Holidays....?

Just Classic.

Carl.

skoda2":2ec4kpn3 said:
Greetings;
Sedis/Sachs/Huret/Maillard, after they merged(now Sram) were good, light strong groupsets and I believe what's on your absolutely wonderful Zinn were a mid grade component set and if you perform periodic maintenance/overhauls should last you a long time. I'm envious of your bike, IMHO Zinn cycles are top of the line bikes!!!!
Regards

Thanks for the info on the groupset. I would never have k own that they became SRAM. I will definitely look after them and I plan to give them a good clean very soon!

I think I've got lucky with this one! :D

sinnerman":1kpikpkd said:
Gio.

What a great buy...., there werent many that Bucked the trend, no shimano, and grips aside.... a full European Build.

I love the Contempory colour, i love... its complete and Original and in PERFECT understanding hands.

If mine, i would fettle as you have suggested, then ride it like you stole it....and perhaps leave your Z-Centaur for High days and Holidays....?

Just Classic.

Carl.

Hi Carl,

As always, thanks for the kind words.

I never thought she would be this good. The paint is almost perfect, all the decals are in perfect condition and the groupset is immaculate. What more could you ask for :D It's a bit like your 753, but not as good obviously!

She will definitely be ridden but I definitely need to change the set of the controls - whoever rode it before had very small hands!

The next thing to do would be to get some pictures of the Centaur and z-Classic together! What a picture :cool:

It would also be worth measuring and photographing each of the decals with a view to being able to reproduce them, if not for your bike, then for someone else's discovery at some point in the future.

After all, it's not very often that you get an immaculate and original example to copy.

Any chance of the Zinn's making it to the British Steel ride in August? Now that would be a photo opportunity.

NeilM":1gybpr93 said:
It would also be worth measuring and photographing each of the decals with a view to being able to reproduce them, if not for your bike, then for someone else's discovery at some point in the future.

After all, it's not very often that you get an immaculate and original example to copy.

Any chance of the Zinn's making it to the British Steel ride in August? Now that would be a photo opportunity.

Already done! I did a set of artworks for the Centaur (as some if them were missing or damaged) which Gil has or I have if anybody needs them. Gil did a great job with the printing - as usual!

Not sure about August yet. I have been involved in the Olympics through work so not sure how busy it's going to be yet. If I can I will don't you worry!

I was watching this with interest on Ebay, but the frame is to big for me.
Out of interest, how tall are you and does the frame match perfectly?

It's good to know that the decals are available if a bike in need of restoration is ever listed.
Campagnolo Centaur is my choice of components for a Zinn. :cool:

Back