Dave Yates 853 Custom Build :)

Also really looking forward to seeing this, a new 853 yates will be awesome :cool:

I bought a new 853 Whiskeytown racer for my 40th and love it.

Better still it was the 40th mountain goat produced and made in 2010 so carries the serial 10040 and my birthday was on the 10/04.

But then I am a bit anal like that ;)

:cool:

Nice one Andy...looking forward to seeing it done :)

ATB

Debbie @ Dave Yates":tp8q9m8v said:
Your frame should be ready sometime next week
Getting really excited now :cool:

Just ordered my hubs, skewers, BB & headset & a rear mech

Just had a small delivery of parts...

Hubs, skewers, bottom bracket, headset & rear mech...

Still got a few things to order... Chainset, Brakes and a few other smallish parts!

Now to get my wheelset built by our very own Dan @ Hand Crafted Wheels :)

I'd be curious to see pictures when your frame arrives, and after your complete bike is together.

I emailed Dave, but they won't deliver frames to Canada. Too bad, he really sounds like he knows what he's doing and I'd love to own one of his frames.

keppler":jrd33xyc said:
I'd be curious to see pictures when your frame arrives, and after your complete bike is together.

I emailed Dave, but they won't deliver frames to Canada. Too bad, he really sounds like he knows what he's doing and I'd love to own one of his frames.
Well, you won't have to wait long, I'm hoping to have it next weekend. Although I haven't heard anything from Dave yet to confirm this

There will be pics a plenty throughout the build ;)

I dunno if someone else could courier over a frame after Dave has built it. He does like to discuss in person what you want from your frame though

I never much appreciated steel frames, found them too archaic looking (thin tubes, lugs seemed ornamental, etc). But having read over and over about the ride quality of steel, I'm now curious about getting a well made frame with high quality steel from a knowledgeable builder who understands proper frame geometry.

I ride both aluminum and carbon frames, so having a steel one would round out my bikes for me. I've heard good things about Dave's work.

Back