show us your cars 2

t-stoff":2w9oovct said:
al":2w9oovct said:
t-stoff":2w9oovct said:
how about speedbumps ? ;p

Hell! :shock:

I never thought of that.

al. ;)

I was hopping you gave me your solution or at least close this chapter whenever I look at lowered vintage custom cars. Its always, "how do they do it?"

:cool:

The car runs an Airide system, so I can alter the ride height via a pair of switches hiding in the glove box. The air tank and pump are hidden behind the rear seats. The car is only 'layed out' for shows, or if I'm showing off while driving along very smooth A roads. ;)

It's this high when driving.
DSC01464.jpg

Poor picture of the system above the engine.
PICT0032.jpg

al. :D

Notch is looking great Al :cool:

Had a couple of hours between showers so i gave the big beemer a clean.

SAM_0417.jpg

Bought the staggered 18" M-Parallel wheels for it a while ago to replace the stock 16" man hole covers, front wheels are 8" wide, rears are 9.5".

SAM_0416.jpg

SAM_0435.jpg

Wheels came with 255/50/18 rear tyres but i upgraded them to these huge 285/40/18 Bridgestones

SAM_0433.jpg

Bought a K&N filter for it last week, have already changed the plugs, oil and filter using genuine BMW parts, plan on replacing the serpentine belt , air con belt and cam cover gasket soon, bought the bits from the dealer earlier but they sold me the wrong Idler pulley for the main belt :roll: GSF have one on E-bay though.

SAM_0434.jpg

Wheels really suit the car, love the parallels.

Good to see it back al.

Real men run fixed suspension not bags!
My golf is pretty low. You have to jims of go over speed bumps a wheel at a time.

jimihendrix":2vxj2f32 said:
Bought a K&N filter for it last week
I've always been a bit divided on oiled filters like K&Ns - there's at least a signficant body of anecdotal evidence of stuff MAF sensors due to downstream contamination from them.

Whether that's simply a possibility from new, or due to them being cleaned and re-oiled in a more generous manner than they need, I'm not sure, but I have to say, I'm cautious on cars with MAFs.

A couple of my previous cars didn't have MAFs (MAP sensors and intake air temperature) and with keeping the car(s) some years, a cleanable air filter (it wasn't a K&N, but very similar) made a lot of sense).

I got 8th in my class in the K70 at Stanford Hall yesterday with 101 points.

al. :D

my xr2 is now rebuilt..........again :roll:

hoping this week to get a jump starter and a mechanic buddy to help get it started, timed and hopefully booked in for MOT

then its cadwell, blyton and donnington bound :twisted:

Back