Ti itch... well scratched!

So what's the weight of frame(s), bar & seat post? Love the seat stays of both bikes.

Ps) I heard horror stories of USE's Ti spin stix (which were of siilar design to yours) undoing because of the twist of the Ti skewers, make sure both ends are as well greased as poosible!!!

MTB up & running

I've slapped some bits I had on the MTB frame to get it going. Still need to procure a pair of Thumbies to get it to 3 x 10 & finish it off. Have a look:

rightside.jpg

left.jpg

Unfortunately, during assembly I discovered that the 31.8 x 680mm Ti bulge bar was drawn out to 21.5mm instead of 22.2 during manufacturing so i've sent it back for replacement. :evil: :roll:

rearright.jpg
frontleft.jpg

Tyre clearance is killer!

Seatstayrear.jpg

chainstayclearance.jpg

forkhradtube.jpg

forkfrontright2.jpg
forkfrontleft.jpg

Pretty happy with it so far. Now to get it dirty... :twisted:

leftside.jpg

Very nice :cool: Are you happy with the way everything worked out? (Bar excluded)

Thanks for the kind words Guys.

kaiser":hspreu53 said:
Very nice :cool: Are you happy with the way everything worked out? (Bar excluded)

Yeah, i'm pretty happy but will be happier when I get the Ti bars & thumbies on it. The completed package should come in under 20lb which is better than i'd hoped for. Now I just need to find a half-day to ride the bloody thing! :cry:

Just out of interest O.P, could you tell us how much the MTB was to make and who it was that made it for you?

The quality of the welds is fantastic :D Both bikes look brilliant. Enjoy your new steeds :cool:

Back