Zinn Z-Classic - Finished Page 3

nevadasmith":2ha5ksn1 said:
Great buy Gio.

The sachs stuff is really rare :cool:

Thanks Adrian. She's a beauty!

I thought it might be as I've never seen it before apart from on road bikes - like Neil said. I will try and do some research in it during the week and see if anything turns up.

doctor-bond":3993rqvk said:
Sweet. Don't do too much to it.

I' not planing on it don't worry. :)
I want to change the tyres and maybe the cables, but thats about it.

That is a great looking bike you got there :cool: the colour is rather nice too. Mind you not really a fan of the sachs stuff looks a bit east european to me but gives the bike another unique edge.

Thanks. The colour is great. I wasn't that sure when I first unpacked it but the more I look at it - especially with the red decals - the more I like it.

The Sachs stuff looks ok, the shifters and brake levers are pretty bad though :?

Rob Atkin":2vm7yr08 said:
Please say you're keeping the groupset on - it's what the frame is named after!!

It is lovely though...

Yep, no fear there, it's staying exactly where it is. I might (might) change the brake levers if I can find something suitable as they look and feel terrible. I'm not sure if Sachs did the brake levers if it was more for road bikes.

Greetings;
Sedis/Sachs/Huret/Maillard, after they merged(now Sram) were good, light strong groupsets and I believe what's on your absolutely wonderful Zinn were a mid grade component set and if you perform periodic maintenance/overhauls should last you a long time. I'm envious of your bike, IMHO Zinn cycles are top of the line bikes!!!!
Regards

Back