Jim Soens

redkite

Retro Newbie
Urgently seeking Jim Soens frame or complete bike from late 60's/70's Emigrating to NZ and need for rebuild project, any info welcome.

Many thanks for the link Ned. My first racing bike was a custom built Soens which I paid for at 10 shillings per week from my grocery delivery round! I was 16 at the time (now 60). I gave the bike away when I joined the Navy but would love to have one to take with me to New Zealand. I met Jim around 1964 and he was a great bloke. It's pure nostalgia on my part...! I would also settle for an Eddie Soens or Harry Quinn of that era.

Me too!

That's me on the Eddie Soens, sold it on in 1971 when we had to move.

I'm also on the site on the James Fothergill page.

Most of my best rides were done on a Harry Quinn in the mid/late 60's.

Are you a Liverpudlian?

PS - how are you managing to emigrate to NZ aged 60? I thought they stopped you once 50 was reached - or am I out of date?.

Urgently seeking Jim Soens frame or complete bike from late 60's/70's Emigrating to NZ and need for rebuild project, any info welcome.
Hi,I know it’s 15 years after your post,but you might be able to help me.I have just acquired a Soens here in Nelson,NZ,and I was wondering if it’s the same one you were looking to acquire before moving to NZ

Attachments

• 9C21C65E-0C40-45E6-B190-91441F8F8756.jpeg
    9C21C65E-0C40-45E6-B190-91441F8F8756.jpeg
    686.7 KB · Views: 4
Back