My Kili racer thread

So, I went to fit the V brakes that I bought off of e bay, but there were some bits missing so they are going back, the seller if refunding no worries.

Had to go and put the deore cantis on that are period correct, and I actually think I have done the right thing, they look really good.

Got some NOS XT pads on there, will find out tomorrow if it actually stops, but as its so dry I dont think it will be a problem.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 372
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 372
I nice little up grade. Never did like the stem that was on it but couldnt believe it when this minty flexstem in matching colours turned up.

Perfect!!

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 298
Find some maguras for it. Thats what I have on mine, they came as standard on some of the higher up kili's so a sensible period upgrade and they are awsome. stops on a penny.

I think the straddle cables were way too long/high in the original pic which might explain the terrible brake performance.

The cable would ideally be 90 degrees to the lever when the pads meet the rim. That's why V's are so powerful, the cable is always near the perfect angle and little force is wasted pulling the levers upwards.

Current config is better but I think you can go lower ;)
cantisetup.jpg

Back