Fat Fat

Withdrawn from E-bay!

Well people the YO EDDY got withdrawn due to RESERVE not been met. If anyone still interested please drop me a mail. Is it me or does E-bay suck? People will buy old tat but dont wanna pay for the good stuff! Aplogies for my rantings. :p

FAT

Yea could be a plan. Shame to break it though the parts were destined to be bolted to that frame! Contacted VICIOUS CYCLES last year about replacing seat-tube with 29.4 new tube. It can be done but 240.00 u.k. fat ones. Plus id have to get it resprayed & VICIOUS paintjobs are the fxxxxn nuts. Has youve probably gathered im now in a deciding dilemna whether to keep the violet girl. You still got he violet FAT MATE?

Joe,

You'd definately get more than 350 GBP if you sold off the parts separate. Perhaps the way to go?

Looking at the pics, I can see why folks were wary to bid high...the bottom of the seat tube looks to have had a bit of a poor patch job. Does not inspire confidence. I did, however, see a Yo with rust in the same area, albeit not repaired, go for about 125.00 US a couple months ago. Coupled with the fork, you should get a reasonable amount of cash out of it.

500 US is actually not a bad price for the seat tube replacement and paint...if the frame has significant emotional value. For a resale though, quite a bit of a turd sandwich to swallow.

cheers,

rody

FAT

rody":324ugelw said:
Joe,

You'd definately get more than 350 GBP if you sold off the parts separate. Perhaps the way to go?

Looking at the pics, I can see why folks were wary to bid high...the bottom of the seat tube looks to have had a bit of a poor patch job. Does not inspire confidence. I did, however, see a Yo with rust in the same area, albeit not repaired, go for about 125.00 US a couple months ago. Coupled with the fork, you should get a reasonable amount of cash out of it.

500 US is actually not a bad price for the seat tube replacement and paint...if the frame has significant emotional value. For a resale though, quite a bit of a turd sandwich to swallow.

cheers,

rody

Seat tube dilemna

Hello Rody, the picture of the hole looks 10 times worse than it is & the patch is clear adhesive plastic to prevent further metal wastage. Yea might break the bike sell all the stuff get the seat tube replaced and get it painted some wicked hue of colour from VICIOUS CYCLES paint chart. Also still got the GROVE HAMMERHEAD may get it painted to match YO. Anyways love your GROVE it is a fantastic ride mate look after her. Happy trails JOE H.

Joe,

Sounds like a plan...I'd think I'd keep the hammerhead and get the Yo painted to match :D

or

Hang onto the bar and lets find you a Grove to match! :cool:

cheers,

rody

Would love a GROVE

Hey Rody, i would love a Grove! They have some of the best detail & welding ive seen in bike production. And yea i know what you mean about not painting the stem/bar combo sacrilegious to such a a fine part. Just going through my options at the moment. Cheers budd.

Back