Klein Attitude -90 Team Usa Campagnolo build

Martin":1varilxq said:
Why was there a second seatclamp mounted on the first picture?
Is that a way to "intercept' the change of cracking the seattube?

Yep!
He has brother who has similar Attitude and brother had cracked seattube on that place.
So that was just for "secure".

I asked couple times is it sure that there is no crack, and there is not :)

Very nice - once again! :D
I wouldn't use XTR M900 since it's not period correct, but XT M735 or Campagnolo instead. I guess XT would be more usable and better working group compared to Campy but the Italian parts would look very nice on it...

I guess you're going to use XTR M900 on the Storm build ?

BTW: Do you know what are those brakes the bike had when you got it ?

Bottom bracket is 125mm, so that takes M900 out of possibilities.
Dont want to change axle.

Now between XT and Campagnolo.
I have NOS XT levers, front mech, brakes,
Cranks are quite nice and rear mech is coming.
Only I would like to use some other cranks and cantis?

For Campagnolo I have Record cantis and levers.
Centaur thumbs and Olympus rear mech.

Rear canti was Suntour, but I have no idea what is front one?

How about those Ritchey cantis you have and possible also Ritchey brake levers that came with the bike ? You could use thumbshifters or XT rapidfires with the Magura adapters with them.

For the cranks it seems that in addition to XT/DX/LX, you have a possibility to use at least Kooka, Topline, Ritchey Logic and Cooks CBR. I think that also Graftons and Campy Centaurs would work with it.
Cooks would be lovely.

Kookas would be nice.
Can somebody post picture Cook CBR - cranks? Are they similar to RSR?

I been thinking also those Ritchey cantis and levers + deore thumbs.

Cant decide.... :roll:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
WOW! That cleaned up real nice :) Looks very familiar with those Porcunpines on it ;-)

That's one lucky brake for you there... why was the extra clamp below the seatclamp mounted? (was he aware that having the saddle up that high could crack it?).

I'd say go for the 7-speed XT and have some nice brakes and cranks. Personally I don't like this kind of bike to be "pimped up", unless you aren't gonna ride it...

Void(EN12-82)

Void(EN12-82)":1lbrjpn5 said:
That's one lucky brake for you there... why was the extra clamp below the seatclamp mounted? (was he aware that having the saddle up that high could crack it?).

I'd say go for the 7-speed XT and have some nice brakes and cranks. Personally I don't like this kind of bike to be "pimped up", unless you aren't gonna ride it...

Void(EN12-82)
´
That was reason for extra clamp, hes brothers Attitude had crack there.

I think I will go for XT build, almost similar than yours, wich is very nice btw!

Shamus":8ah85i42 said:
That was reason for extra clamp, hes brothers Attitude had crack there.

I think I will go for XT build, almost similar than yours, wich is very nice btw!

Hehehe, build it up identical (you have the brake levers, just get some Logic brakes too) and then we'll have two of the same. Except one with and one without the seatclamp cracked :shock: :twisted:

Even looks it's the same size too? (although I never measured mine, I was just the happiest man in the world that Martin sold it to me!) :D

Looking forward to seeing it completed...

Void(EN12-82)

Back