raleigh record sprint (black and gold) parts

sprintnick

Retro Newbie
Hello, I have a Raleigh record sprint in black and gold and I am currently (still) in the process of trying to make it look like New. So it is in bits, with the paint work rubbed down waiting to be sprayed. I posted on here a few weeks ago asking if anyone knew anywhere the get parts re anodized as the gold had faded from the crank arms, brake calipers and levers... But it turns out the anodizing process is quite an expensive one. So I have decided to replace the calipers, drop bar levers and brake levers, crank ar ms, wheels, front and rear deraileurs and rear cassette, but as I am a newb to all this I cant seem to be able to find any decentd 6 speed deraileurs and cassetes and other replacement parts. I wanted to fit it out with campag, not really too fussed on price (with in reason). So my question to you is what would you replace these parts with ad where on earth would you get them from? Thank you!
Nick

Couple of ideas to circumvent the re-anodising palaver if you want to keep the gold/black look:

The Dia-Compe BRS101 dual-pivot caliper is available with gold anodising if you want a modern brake with a retro look. Dunno if anyone makes matching levers though.

For modern-era gold cranks try Pake, available in 165 or 170mm for track machines/fixies but could be modified to a road double; black chainrings to match (colour as per Record Sprint original spec IIRC) are easier to come by however.

David

I'd go the budget end of Campagnolo for that build Victory or Triomphe would be good or I do have a Campagnolo 980 front and rear mech which are budget but a rather nice set yours for £25.

Thank you very much for your replies. I shall bear the campagnolo in mind and let you know in a few eeks once I have had a look. Thanks!

Back