S-WORKS YEAR?

From what I can gather from various places online its generally around the 1500gm mark for as-works m5 or am I wrong in saying that?

Just got back from the local specialized dealer an they have confirmed its not a genuine s-works, they rung specialized and ran the serial number by them and they said its not one of there's and their records go back to 2004. The shop also said its fat too heavy and it looks like its was white originally. So there you have it as I expected a fake!

here's a pic of the m5 badge from my bike, are the symbols the same on yours i cant tell from your pic

IMG_4877.jpg

That's a real bummer mate. Hope you get your cash back from the seller. For what it's worth an easy mistake to make, someone has gone to a hell of a lot of effort to fake this.

bigmick":46eg1k5f said:
here's a pic of the m5 badge from my bike, are the symbols the same on yours i cant tell from your pic

IMG_4877.jpg

As a matter of interest they got the metals wrong on the Fake M5 Sticker, that was the make up for the M4

M5 Zn Zinc, Si Silicon, Al Aluminium, Mn manganese, Mg Magnesium, Cu Copper.

M4 V Vanadium, Si Silicon, Al Aluminium, Mn manganese, Mg Magnesium, Cu Copper.

Learning new things everyday.

I'd say it was way too heavy too, i've had a couple of 18" M4 stumpy frames and they weighed about 1400g so the 1900 of your frame is way heavy as I thought the Sworks stuff was lighter than the more normal stuff. 500g on such a small frame is a lot of extra weight.
Matthew

Latest posts

Back