2012 Time Trial Season

Well the same course today as I did last time. Then I did the 10 mile TT in 32min something its this course http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... &z=13&om=1 Yes it very flat.

Today on the Alan I amanged 30:33. I was not the slowest this time either. The whether was better this time but the Alan feels so much quicker than the traitor, it must be the tubs. the bike rattled alot though. It's all very stiff apart from the tubs which made the ride tolerable.

About 50 riders this time mostly on new stuff but there where a couple of Bobs there as well. thes winner pulled a 22mins something.

bm0p700f":3htcnq6x said:
Well the same course today as I did last time. Then I did the 10 mile TT in 32min something its this course http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... &z=13&om=1 Yes it very flat.

Today on the Alan I amanged 30:33. I was not the slowest this time either. The whether was better this time but the Alan feels so much quicker than the traitor, it must be the tubs. the bike rattled alot though. It's all very stiff apart from the tubs which made the ride tolerable.

About 50 riders this time mostly on new stuff but there where a couple of Bobs there as well. thes winner pulled a 22mins something.

Excellent improvement, you have to be pleased with that. Light rims with tubs on make a big difference but I guess aero carbon would be even faster. I used to find familiarity with a course made a big difference so hopefully you'll keep reducing that time and moving up the results board - it's a relief not to come last these days!

Mark.

I am pleased with the result. Next Thursdays is in Higham Suffolk and is a 10 mile course with a some hills. If I can pull somewhere close to 30 mins I will be very chuffed. I think though the gearing (44:18T is the lowest) may let me down. The hill if it is the one I think it is is quite steep.

Higham Hill by any chance? My early cycling was done all around Hadleigh so the lanes down to Shelley, Higham, Polstead etc. were well travelled.

Good luck,
Mark.

Bit of a late report but I took my MKM out for what will probably be it's last outing to race the East Bradford CC 10 on 10th June.

This was a bit of hike up to the Boroughbridge area (the V212 course - pretty flat) but proved to be worthwhile as I knocked a sizeable chunk off my previous time to record 26:26. You can't sniff at well over a minute improvement. There was barely a breath of wind which obviously helped! The winner clocked 21:19 while the slowest was 31:08. I was 18th out of 28 riders which is a slight improvement too.

Sadly there weren't any photographers in evidence so the MKM's last hurrah went unrecorded. :cry:

Mark.

Done a few more TT. On the 31st May on the Cycle club Sudbury Lavenham 10 course I managed a 30:41. I was pleased with that. I did that on the Triator with mudguards.

Tonight on the Alan on the same coiurse with alot more head wind goin out I managed 29:00 dead (21 out of 31). I am very pleased with that. The fastest did a 23:24 and the slowest 36 mins something.

I have done two others an 8.3 mile course (very windy) in 25:11 and a hilly 13 mile course in which I got lost and did 19 miles in 1 hour.

I am hoping to do the Lavenham 10 course in under 27 mins by the end of the season.

bm0p700f":2yepe7g5 said:
Done a few more TT. On the 31st May on the Cycle club Sudbury Lavenham 10 course I managed a 30:41. I was pleased with that. I did that on the Triator with mudguards.

Tonight on the Alan on the same coiurse with alot more head wind goin out I managed 29:00 dead (21 out of 31). I am very pleased with that. The fastest did a 23:24 and the slowest 36 mins something.

I have done two others an 8.3 mile course (very windy) in 25:11 and a hilly 13 mile course in which I got lost and did 19 miles in 1 hour.

I am hoping to do the Lavenham 10 course in under 27 mins by the end of the season.

Nice result and surely proof that the Alan is superior. Course familiarity should help you get that time down to 27 mins I reckon. My best 10 time, from way back when, was on our local club course which wasn't noted for being fast but I rode it so often I got the pacing spot on. Mind you my mate reckoned a 10 was just an all out sprint so pacing didn't come into it!

Keep up the good work,
Mark.

I actually broke my resolution and rode the Calder Clarion 10 on Wednesday at Hemsworth. It's a new course that does a circuit of all left hand bends so is quite safe with low traffic levels - but a dragstrip it ain't! The last mile or more is basically a gradual climb and with a bottom gear of 48x17 I found it a bit of a toil to say the least. I rode the Dave Russell in proper 'Old Skool' fashion (skin hat, aviator shades, no socks) and did 29.38 which, considering my severe lack of recent miles, I was happy with. Not the slowest by a fair bit I think - but the results haven't been posted on the club website yet! It at least beats the Calder 'Silver Standard' for my age group. I now need to trim 50 secs off for Gold.

Might try the Buzz lo-pro next week.

So long as it isn't raining...................... ;)

Aha, the lure of competition was too strong Old Ned! With a few club events under your belt you'll soon be back on top form.

With this weather we're having I feel like I need to be on standby at all times ready to head out on the bike at the mere hint of dryness.

Hope you're Buzz-ing next week ;)
Mark.

Back