Battaglin gets official signature of approval from Mr Roche!

Re: wow

531 pro":25ozgylv said:
Wow, retro biking doesn't get much better than this does it!

You're damn right there my man...I wonder what we will be saying about today's road bikes in 25 years time?...something like "wow amazing how they made integrated brakes back in 2012!"...

Hi Mark34

Stephen Roche was on Eurosport the other day (possibly Stage 1 of the tour) and mentioned his recent bike ride into Paris with his Battaglin.

Did you have something to do with sorting the bike for him? If so I think you were mentioned on the program.

DA-EVO":324x0ksu said:
Hi Mark34

Stephen Roche was on Eurosport the other day (possibly Stage 1 of the tour) and mentioned his recent bike ride into Paris with his Battaglin.

Did you have something to do with sorting the bike for him? If so I think you were mentioned on the program.

Hi mate, Yes he did mention me, for which I thanked him! I restored his original 1987 Battaglin so he could ride into Paris on it. Stephen Roche is a true gent!

Mark.

Re: Battaglin gets official signature of approval from Mr Ro

Hello everyone,

I have the exact same bike...

Any idea as to value of frame in both top condition and very good condition etc??

all responses welcome.

Re: Battaglin gets official signature of approval from Mr Ro

I have the same model...
It is a wanted to sell item...

Any suggestions, recommendations offers most welcome...

regards

Arthur Thomson

Looking at doing something similar myself. Is this the same bike that is on this thread. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=268091

I notice that the breaks seem to be different on each. Not sure why. Prefer the above bike if these are not the same.

Any tips? Looking for a Battaglin 87, 54cm frame at the moment if anyone has one for sale.

Back