Calling All Orange C16R Owners

hopper22":1y3fwsfc said:
Was there ever a C16 rs? That's what mine is badged up as, or has someone made the stickers up them self.

Yes there was, I have one (Slow time build at mo) it was equipped with slightly better groupset apparently, but in all essence it was a standard C16R frame but pimped up :) if you follow :) look forward to seeing pics :)

Nice mate! That was my missus frame before i sold it to Jussa....glad to see it up and rolling again :D

NeilM":1i072myy said:
FINISHED!

DSC_0130.jpg

Antstark":czgi9bnv said:
Nice mate! That was my missus frame before i sold it to Jussa....glad to see it up and rolling again :D

COOL!

My daughter loves it.

She's doing well, getting used to the bike and riding in cleats for the first time. She took a couple of dives in the mud last week, but she's really happy with the bike.

It's not got a name yet, but give her time. The Hahanna I built her got named The Iron Lady :roll: So, the C16R was built with an eye on the scales, I think I got it to about 25.5 lbs, and that's with ordinary components and a sofa for a saddle. If we put it on a real diet I think I could get to 24 lbs or a tiny bit less.

Great little bike, happy daughter... all is well with the world ;)

Dads n' daughters eh :D :cool: .....just finished building this for my daugher..gotta get the next gen of retrobikers trained young I say :D

I got that c16 down to 25lbs with nowt really special on it ...24lbs should be easily achievable.

NeilM":2zilo8cl said:
Antstark":2zilo8cl said:

COOL!

My daughter loves it.

She's doing well, getting used to the bike and riding in cleats for the first time. She took a couple of dives in the mud last week, but she's really happy with the bike.

It's not got a name yet, but give her time. The Hahanna I built her got named The Iron Lady :roll: So, the C16R was built with an eye on the scales, I think I got it to about 25.5 lbs, and that's with ordinary components and a sofa for a saddle. If we put it on a real diet I think I could get to 24 lbs or a tiny bit less.

Great little bike, happy daughter... all is well with the world ;)

Attachments

• orange2sml.JPG
    orange2sml.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,093
Love the different colours

Having mine (silver at the mo) powder coated in Exeter next week
Going single speed with this one
Which colour do I go for ??????

Kirbdug :D

This is my Orange C16R

Hi I'm new to this site. I was actually looking for C16 tube diameters on the www. when i came across this post. My bikes been sharing a cupboard with the Boiler for the last 10 years (ahem). And a soon public appearance in a wetsuit got me back in the saddle to loose a few pounds. Only to find the Shocks seized and the 'one thing leads to another' syndrome. So think I'll definitely be loosing a few pounds now. So you guys are after restoring things to there original spec, and I want to change stems and bars and forks and and and!!! I even looked at some New bikes I'd never heard the name of, But have fallen for my bike all over again. And don't want another. She's still fantastic to ride. This steel frame will last forever (prob shouldn't of said that!) But getting bits for it when all the stuff out there is a different size. Its sooo confusing. I'll shut up now and show you some pic's

Attachments

• IMG_4363_2.jpg
    IMG_4363_2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 981
Re: This is my Orange C16R

Abbie":mnww9zzv said:
Hi I'm new to this site. I was actually looking for C16 tube diameters on the www. when i came across this post. My bikes been sharing a cupboard with the Boiler for the last 10 years (ahem). And a soon public appearance in a wetsuit got me back in the saddle to loose a few pounds. Only to find the Shocks seized and the 'one thing leads to another' syndrome. So think I'll definitely be loosing a few pounds now. So you guys are after restoring things to there original spec, and I want to change stems and bars and forks and and and!!! I even looked at some New bikes I'd never heard the name of, But have fallen for my bike all over again. And don't want another. She's still fantastic to ride. This steel frame will last forever (prob shouldn't of said that!) But getting bits for it when all the stuff out there is a different size. Its sooo confusing. I'll shut up now and show you some pic's

Well you've come to the right place for both parts and advice. However, your bank balance will suffer, not because sellers are greedy, just because one thing (bike) leads to another and......

Welcome aboard. ;)

Re: This is my Orange C16R

Abbie":2qtekxjb said:
So you guys are after restoring things to there original spec, and I want to change stems and bars and forks and and and!!! I even looked at some New bikes I'd never heard the name of, But have fallen for my bike all over again. And don't want another. She's still fantastic to ride. This steel frame will last forever (prob shouldn't of said that!) But getting bits for it when all the stuff out there is a different size. Its sooo confusing. I'll shut up now and show you some pic's

First of all welcome, and secondly were not all about restoring back to 100% original, sometimes you just cant do it, and sometimes people like the mix of old and new, it can work well if you match up the right parts. As for the size issue, you would be very surprised that mixing and matching is not that difficult. Dont be afraid to ask, were a friendly bunch, and you will find no shortage of answers :D

Anyway enjoy the site and i look forward to seeing your C16R some more :)

First of all welcome, and secondly were not all about restoring back to 100% original, sometimes you just cant do it, and sometimes people like the mix of old and new, it can work well if you match up the right parts. As for the size issue, you would be very surprised that mixing and matching is not that difficult. Dont be afraid to ask, were a friendly bunch, and you will find no shortage of answers

Thanks for your kind welcome. I do have a stem question. Is it best to start a new thread in the main bit? I think I'll start with a few minor mods just to make it more comfortable. I don't fold as well as I use to!

Back