Restoration pictures

What, really?

It might have been my perfectly innocent comment about the gear cable routing. I mean, I wasn't trying to be nasty; I even offered him the missing part for free!

You can't win sometimes. :(

yo-eddy":26p2bgaf said:
al":26p2bgaf said:
warpedboy2":26p2bgaf said:
Where have the pics gone? :(

Some big gob has upset him.

al. :oops:

Guy is busy removing all his former posts ....... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/search ... 56&start=0

creepy :roll:

Look at the time of the edits soft lad. ;)

I'm not busy deleting posts at all, so keep the silly comments to yourself please.

My posts were deleted yesterday after I had threatening mails from somebody who had gotten hold of my personal details via this site, or via Ebay, or both.

Probably somebody I've bought something off or sold to.

I didn't have time to check which posts had any personal details in them, so I just deleted them all, as I really can't be bothered with some of the weirdo's on the Internet, as I have a family.

I deleted the bike pics from this thread as they showed my house on some of them, and Al is right, it's a Retro forum. Nobody gives a toss about vintage restoration.

Is that ok with you cup cake?

As for the forum, I've only been here a few weeks, but already I've been surprised at how hard it is to feel part of the community, as I am not a bike rider, but a restorer, and therefore have little in common with most of what gets discussed, and as a result have felt a bit like a kid watching other kids play.

I've been called a class A **** by a guy for disagreeing about the weight of my dog, gotten in to an uncomfortable forum debate with an 'I'm the only Aspie in the village' guy, and told off for daring to post a thread that's already been discussed, and I've only just joined, so forgive me for wondering what the heck I'm doing trying to make friends here.

If one of the members here is doing the nasty text messages, then you really need to grow up.

Depression isn't something to be ashamed of, so go bother somebody else.

Pathetic.

Yes, I might have over reacted by deleting the posts, but better safe than sorry

Rusty Scrubber":xhmv8o2e said:
My posts were deleted yesterday after I had threatening mails from somebody who had gotten hold of my personal details via this site, or via Ebay, or both.

Now that's creepy (the messages)... :?

Take it easy! It's easy to misread what people are saying to each other on a forum.

Personally, I quite liked your bike restorations.

Rusty Scrubber":2v7699ar said:
I deleted the bike pics from this thread as they showed my house on some of them, and Al is right, it's a Retro forum. Nobody gives a toss about vintage restoration.
Well I can only speak for myself - but I really enjoyed this thread and the posts with the restoration of this bike.

As to your photos, one thing I'd do is download Microsoft's Pro Photo tools (free download) it's the most convenient tool I've encountered for removing identifying tags from exif fields (in case whatever you take them with tags them with more info than ideally you'd like - say GPS co-ordinates, or type of camera, that sort of thing).

Neil":2dq1h6gl said:
Rusty Scrubber":2dq1h6gl said:
Well I can only speak for myself - but I really enjoyed this thread and the posts with the restoration of this bike.

As to your photos, one thing I'd do is download Microsoft's Pro Photo tools (free download) it's the most convenient tool I've encountered for removing identifying tags from exif fields (in case whatever you take them with tags them with more info than ideally you'd like - say GPS co-ordinates, or type of camera, that sort of thing).

Thanks Neil.

Rusty Scrubber":1j356q8z said:
Neil":1j356q8z said:
Rusty Scrubber":1j356q8z said:

Thanks Neil.

For you mate. Apologies for removing.
All's right with the world again.

No need to apologise to me - but I'm glad they're back.

Loving pictures of bikes that have been rescued and restored.

Cheers for the kind words lads.

I have a few different restorations complete, and about to start, so maybe I'lll share another one when I get a minute.

Back