S-WORKS YEAR?

Still worth raising it officially. It is not unheard of for people to post things back then never get a refund. Also send it signed for.

Oh yeah I've done that already just to cover myself if nothing else! I've dealt lots of conmen on Ebay in the past believe me!

yeah emailed specialized they said they can't check anything just by serial number its simply there to individually identify the bike if it gets stolen etc...

The black triangle on the downtube is also not a sticker I've been told it should be a metal sticker is that correct?

Post up a close up pic of that black sticker. It wouldn't be easily replicated and would be difficult to remove from a genuine frame.

In all honesty i don't know about the downtube decal, but if owners have said it's a black sticker id go with that, I would of thought Specialized would have been a lot more informative, but that's big companies for you. Good luck with your continued search. k

The black sticker isn't a sticker its pretty much flush with the frame as with all the decals?
IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

To Specialized from me:
One easy question I hope you can answer, the decals on your frames are stuck on and then lauqered over am I right in saying? As the frame in question looks like they are painted or stenciled on and also the black triangle sticker normally on the downtube I believe is supposed to be metal am I right in saying? As the one on this frame is also not a sticker.

Response from specialized:
We don't use lacquer on our frames. It is an acrylic enamel paint that is designed to be used as an extra UV and chip protection layer. It is also used to protect the decals. We have used different styles of decals throughout the years, where some are thicker in certain years, and others seem to be as thin as paint. They are always under the clear coat save the newest design of Hardrocks that we offer which have a removable sticker option for a more low profile look. The logo decals are not removable, but some of the other stickers. If that black triangle is a sticker on top of the clear coat, then it is removable. Like Bob was saying, there is nothing that looks out of normal with this frame from the Ebay photos that you provided, BUT as it was bought off Ebay we cannot guarantee anything as it was not bought from an authorized source. We haven't had reports of that year model being counterfeit, so I really wouldn't worry about it. It looks real from where we can see.
Mike Sohm
USA Customer Service Rep
SPECIALIZED BICYCLE COMPONENTS
1475 South 5070 West Ste. A
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
Phone: 800-722-4423 ext. 7740
Fax: 877-672-7237
store_customerservice@specialized.com
www.specialized.com

Back