My new Clockwork has landed

I'll try to get some photos up. Not sure when though.

I really don't mind what year it is, the older the better really!

Sam

The 'Orange' debate on naming convention and changes through time is an interesting one and always opens much confusion over the true identity of bikes.

My idea was that where names annotated to a bike in this case 'Clockwork' was fashionable BITD, the use of a number or prefix was seen to almost be a step into bringing the brand into the future? Has this change 'knowing what we know now' and the love for this bike viewed as being a bad move by 'Orange' then maybe yes.

Have we become 'Label Whores'? Strip a C16R of its decals, and a Clockwork, kit them out identical, would we see any difference? again im sure open to debate?

Either way IMHO both bikes are worthy, yes i am biased with my array of C16R's and maybe once my Clockwork is built my opinion will change somewhat.

Hat's Off to the man who is able to decipher the curious ways of the great british MTB company that is 'Orange' :)

But back on 'Thread' this is a great bike, will be a great build and provide much enjoyment by the owner, you can be suitably proud of your Citrus Fruit :D

Attachments

• Understanding The Orange.jpg
    Understanding The Orange.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 338
Jussa":3jsgg2q6 said:
The 'Orange' debate on naming convention and changes through time is an interesting one and always opens much confusion over the true identity of bikes.

My idea was that where names annotated to a bike in this case 'Clockwork' was fashionable BITD, the use of a number or prefix was seen to almost be a step into bringing the brand into the future? Has this change 'knowing what we know now' and the love for this bike viewed as being a bad move by 'Orange' then maybe yes.

Have we become 'Label Whores'? Strip a C16R of its decals, and a Clockwork, kit them out identical, would we see any difference? again im sure open to debate?

Either way IMHO both bikes are worthy, yes i am biased with my array of C16R's and maybe once my Clockwork is built my opinion will change somewhat.

Hat's Off to the man who is able to decipher the curious ways of the great british MTB company that is 'Orange' :)

But back on 'Thread' this is a great bike, will be a great build and provide much enjoyment by the owner, you can be suitably proud of your Citrus Fruit :D

I agree. Regardless of certain opinions, I will bet a pound to a pinch of shit... this new frame will ride just as well as my old one did.

Racin'snake":3tjinn7q said:
I will bet a pound to a pinch of shit... this new frame will ride just as well as my old one did.
Or indeed better. I'll be interested to hear how you feel they compare.

Since you have these two, you really owe it to yourself to buy a C16R as well. Then you'll be able to evaluate how much difference the excellent F7 forks make!

Anthony":3bd7tvtr said:
Racin'snake":3bd7tvtr said:
I will bet a pound to a pinch of shit... this new frame will ride just as well as my old one did.

Since you have these two, you really owe it to yourself to buy a C16R as well. Then you'll be able to evaluate how much difference the excellent F7
forks make!

Well.... I have sold the 1993 now and don't really have the room for another. I'm sure F7's are great but personally I have always found them to be ugly....just me I'm sure! Just out of interest how much do the F7's weigh?....I would be amazed if they came in less than the clockworks forks ( which I find springy, responsive and great). cheers ;)

Racin'snake":ibvjksft said:
Anthony":ibvjksft said:
Racin'snake":ibvjksft said:

Since you have these two, you really owe it to yourself to buy a C16R as well. Then you'll be able to evaluate how much difference the excellent F7
forks make!

Well.... I have sold the 1993 now and don't really have the room for another. I'm sure F7's are great but personally I have always found them to be ugly....just me I'm sure! Just out of interest how much do the F7's weigh?....I would be amazed if they came in less than the clockworks forks ( which I find springy, responsive and great). cheers ;)

My Prestige ones weigh sub 650g ;)

Back