Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Klein Pulse Comp

• M2 Stumpjumper

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • None of them, dont be stupid

• Total voters
I wish my LBS had stuff like that on the wall.... not that it would be up there long at those prices.

Oh and another vote for the Klein.

Regarding Gulf colours, given your avatar, I guess we are talking 'Le Mans' ;)

Get the Klein and the Stumpy. The Klein is stupidly cheap and the Stumpy has a great color and handles really well!

I hope the lads that have voted for "none of them" stand up and give a reason
I thought at least one of these would appeal to everyone :?

G

The Klein is a mid-spec 1996 model that came with yellow Rock Shox to match the decals. These were still built in-house by Klein.

EDIT: Looking at the picture again this is must be a very early Trek-built model as it has the simplified 97-on frame design (fatter/simpler stays, non-smoothed welds). But it was built up in 96 spec/colours (below)... Something of an oddity.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/Manufacturer+Archive/Klein+Archive/Klein+Catalogues/

Attachments

• KleinPulseComp1996.jpg
    KleinPulseComp1996.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 464
The Cinder Cone. It's an 89 model (as pointed out) so for retro goodness you can have some u-brake action fun.

Here was mine, perhaps some inspiration?

dsc00165fz.jpg

dsc00167ax.jpg

dsc00172no.jpg

Where the hell is this shop :?:

For me the Cindercone, Whilst i appreciate the 'Klein' following, its just nothing special for me, good price granted, but if your looking to build a bike that will always be there wanting to be used, all year round, what ever the weather the Cindercone will deliver smiles continually. And you can dress it up using what ever groupset you wish. Kona's always seem very versatile.

Without upsetting the Klein community, and i do appreciate some make it out on the trails etc, it just seems that the all too often become Garage Queens, looking pretty and polished and loved but wrapped in cotton wool.

If you do go Klein, use it, abuse it, and enjoy it. :D

Or if your a bit flush on the $$$ £££ $$$ go for both Cindercone & Klein :)

Back