Klein Pulse Comp

Cheers guys, it stalled a bit there, I have a 9 speed thumbie and 9 speed cassette but as I went to fit it found I had only a 7 speed freehub :roll: Anyway its prompted to me to build a new pair of wheels. Stans 355's with Hope Ti hubs probably on rev's. Should shed almost another pound though I did quibble about the retro/modern mix.

Looking excellent.

I have some Cane Creek V's and I think my Avid SD7's are lighter.

I've not put either on the scales, and as the SD's are now fitted to my Roberts, I'm not about to, but my impression when I had them in my hand was that the CC Curves have a bit of weight to them.

NeilM":y2w0x5uz said:
Looking excellent.

I have some Cane Creek V's and I think my Avid SD7's are lighter.

I've not put either on the scales, and as the SD's are now fitted to my Roberts, I'm not about to, but my impression when I had them in my hand was that the CC Curves have a bit of weight to them.

Had a bit of a look around, I can't find a definitive weight for sd-7's, they range from 336g to 370g. Nicer looking brake all the same. I think I'll keep my eye out for some second hand AESTs or KCNCs. £ for gram they are at the wrong end of the scale but look pretty good. FWIW I've weighed the Cane Creeks at 337gr( this was without fixing bolts) and could fit pads from Toronto cycles which would knock off 40gr plus maybe a few more with some bolt tuning.

I also picked up some new pedals recently, was hoping for an alleged 46 gram saving and they came up short, only 20g saved. I might try ti axles at some point though.

Hmmm, not as heavy as I thought.

There were a set of Time ATAC XS titanium's on the bay the other day, they failed to sell at £90. I'm not that much of a weight watcher, but at that price they were a bargain.

They may be relisted, I've not looked.

Lamentable progress on this one. New wheels fitted and stem swapped put. I've also been waiting on a mech which feels like forever :? . Anyway now at 17.18lbs as you see it. Only mech, chain and cables to go.

7590854348_80fa4fdb8a_b.jpg

Looking clean, I'd like to see it with red walls on just out of curiosity!

Tc

Alas Rampage its still sitting waiting to be finished. A bit of ebay woe with a rear mech saw this one going on the back burner and then I started eyeing up bits for another bike. Good news is I never went backwards with it and its back on the agenda as I try to get all my nearly complete bikes complete. I was going to compromise the weenieing and just get it going but I think I'll keep at it :)

Trousy":pxz0qcgl said:
Where did you order the headset from

Headset was from ebay, I think when they started selling the had auctions and BIN's, the BIN was a bit higher than what I paid though.

Back