mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
. . . and I'm rather excited :p

Ebay pic . . .
$(KGrHqVHJBUE+MwEdmFPBP2IzKkgcQ~~60_12.JPG

Probably paid waaay too much :oops: considering it's in no way original but hey, I need a summer project - plan on getting it as near original as possible (I have the first issue of Maximum MTB mag with the bike review which I've read overand over again thinking, if only. Can't flinkin' wait!

Anyone up for a pair of RST Mozo Pros with a nice long steerer? :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

On its way now so should be with me on Wednesday :p - still unsure whether to keep the Mozos and cut the steerer down (those spacers have to go :shock: ) or sell them, dependent on condition, and get a pair of Z2s which I think it would have been spec'd with originally. Have my eye on a pair of Indys too (sacrilage on an Explosif maybe but I loved the pair of Indy Cs I had bitd until I bent the steerer in a storm drain crash :cry: . . . sooooo light) - that said the Z2s which replaced them were a world apart . . . decisions, decisions, eh.

I'm glad somebody pushed the button on that one! I had called the shop a couple of times trying to get them to sell me the frame only but I was still tempted to buy it when they refused to split.

:cry: Bike arrived promptly yesterday but I have to say I am sooooo disapointed :cry:

To be fair I can't fault the seller at all who has replied promptly to my messages and agreed to refund once it is returned.

I had planed a sympathetic period-correct restoration but aside from the tatty Mozo Pros, the bike was fitted with very low-end parts, albeit many of them new, meaning a considerable further financial outlay to spec it how I'd planned. In retrospect, I should have requested more close-up photographs of the frame itself too - you live and learn, eh.

Gutted - I really thought I'd found my holy grail :cry:

Yeah, the parts are a bag of shit. Thats the only reason I held off.

Here we go a'flinkin'gain . . . only this time there will be no nasty surprises :LOL: . Just had to bid once it was relisted as 'frame only' if only to save someone else the upset of unwrapping what resembles a tortured puppy :cry: .

$(KGrHqR,!q4E+oHOWO7WBQBDWWF7)g~~60_12.JPG

I must admit to having reservations about returning it the first time around but as the parts it came with had little or no resale value it was a lot of money to pay for essentially a very low end bike albeit with a good (but in very poor condition) frame. So, yeah, all in all with the postage and return fees accumulated first time around, plus the final price and postage for the frame auction, it has cost me dearly but hey, there's been another pay day in between the two listings :LOL:

Let the games begin . . . :p

Sorry, my bid cost you a few more pounds. Glad you won it though :D

Ah, wondered if you'd put in a bid Adrian. I'm a little ashamed to say how much I actually bid for it this time around :oops: but I was pretty determined, especially as I've spent the past week accummulating period-correct bits and pieces. I'll post some pics of the frame in all its 'to hell and back' glory once it arrives so you don't feel too bad ;) . Now, do I have a bottle of touch up paint large enough? :LOL:

Back