GT Zaskar 1997 (Latest pics pg /5/6 27/06/2012)

Its was sunny so............

main.php

main.php

Shifters/Brakers XTR 950
Front/Rear Derailleur XTR 950
Crank Race Face Turbine
Brakes - XT V-Brake
Bar - Easton Monkey XC Carbon
Seatpost - Tioga
Seat - Selle Italia Flite Ti Kevlar
Front Wheel - Mavic Crossride
Rear Wheel - Mavic X517 - SRAM ESP 7.0 (final item to change)
Stem - KORE
SPD - Crank Brothers
Fork - Rock Shox SID 1998 (with schrader valve)

dilemma

just received some brand new decals from race face with the help of the fellow retrobiker klasse. Stripped the cranks and sanded. Don't know if I should paint them red again. As you can see shes already bare aluminum, so its a little bit a shiny combo.. suggestions ? : )

i3hy7r.jpg

BIKE LOOKING WELL THERE,THINKING OF PUTING SOME EASTON RISERS ON MINE,TOYING WITH HANDLEBARS AT THE MO,I HAVE WIDE RISERS,EASTON CARBON FLAT HANDLEBARS,580MM,OR SOME NUMBERS RENTHAL SUB 130'S WHICH ARE STANDARD 560MM,BUT ARE IN A LOVELY PURPLE,I DO LIKE THE LOOK OF YOURS WITH THE RISERS THOUGH.ANYWAY GOOD LUCK,ALL THE BEST AND THE REST. :)

great job on the paintjob,it looks pro! very nice zaskar. cant help but think it would look great with the cranks painted black and a black saddle also... :cool:

thats always an option, but for now I only have black decals for the cranks... : )

thanks for the feedback guys! :D

received today some Kore Elite skewers from stevetait. Failed to get the red anodized ones, so I sanded and painted the engraved in red.
It looks a little bit fade but its in the same red as the race face cranks.

bi1fkg.jpg

Re: GT Zaskar 1997 (Latest pics pg3 27/06/2012)

Great build, I'm inspired!

Struggling to find any of those SID, in the last few weeks of looking I haven't spotted any.

My frame ( stamped '97) has an integrated seat clamp. Haven't found anything neat to fit there...

Enjoy your bike,
JT

Back