East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

theredchili":s5k9b6qx said:
captaincosmic":s5k9b6qx said:
I am up for it if you are ;)
but you might have to buy some lights and ride in the scary dark ooooo

don't worry , i have some and we used them this year ,tell him Dave :LOL:

Dave tell us come on TELL US, DAVE :evil:

captaincosmic":2qr05y6z said:
Next year will be no fun at all for you though as we will have Gav and Matt back and your times will look ....well humiliating :LOL:

a year is a long time steve,and our win will nag at you for a full 365 days . have a good holiday mate. and i hear in italy they sell real nice road bikes.perhaps you could pop one in your suitcase :LOL:

MM Lap Times

Here we go then it appears the transponders on all but three riders were positioned in such a way that they did not break the timing beam on the Start / Finish line :evil:

From our pit board and various electronic devices...Polar monitors ,GPS Tags we have finally pieced it all together as follows ;

Will - 12.00 - 14.39 - 2hr39 (inc. run)
Geoff - 14.39 - 16.33 - 1hr54
Steve - 16.33 - 18.56 - 2hr23
Tony - 18.56 - 21.15 - 2hr19
Steve - 21.15 - 23.48 - 2hr33
Phil - 23.48 - 1.48 - 2hr0
Chris - 1.48 - 4.42 - 2hr54
Rob - 4.42 - 7.05 - 2hr23
John - 7.05 - 9.50 - 2hr45 (puncture)
Ed - 9.50 - 12.05 - 2hr15 (inc. 10 min linger at Retrobike gazebo to avoid extra lap!!)

Well done guys a bloody good effort and if the electronic tags had worked we would have finished 14th out of 43 teams of Ten ;)

John and I were at the finish to meet Ed. The organisers were apologising for problems with the timing device not picking up transponders because of the mud.
A pity I suppose, but not unduly fussed. I have real satisfaction in knowing what we achieved in those conditions, on old bikes built from scratch, that performed virtually faultlessly, and look forward to the next event. Ed has suggested The Wobble, which sounds good to me.
See ya'all later.

Great effort from everyone,well done!.Their is a topic on Singletrack forum about missed laps at Mayhem,loads apparently so it wasn't just us,see you tonight.

Sleepless in the saddle team of four £225
I think Rob Geoff and Myself are doing this on 4th / 5th August anyone fancy the other place ?

I can't as have something on at home

Have edited above post to show breakdown of times in hours/mins taken

Bear in mind the Wobble is a non-competitive event (albeit you do get a number board), as there is beer en route :cool:

Back