My impulse buy last night - a Richard Cunningham

yeti-man

Senior Retro Guru
After the Ritchey drop bar and Yeti Race proFRO projects this spring I desided not to start any new projects this season. But then I came across this interesting Richard Cunningham design Nishiki. I know Nishikis from the mid to late 80s, I had a 1986 Bushwacker and a friend of mine had the all cromo Alien. I do not know any thing about my new impulse buy. It is a Nishiki Cascade designed by Richard Cunningham and I see some resemblance between this model and the Alien, the thin seatstay tubeing, the sleek thin straignt bladed fork, the braces between the down and head tubes. Since I dont have any information on this bike and googeling didnt help me much I was hoping you could fill me in on this cool frame/fork.

What I do know; it looks race stunning, super cool features, odd 26.2 seat post size and Tange MTB 4130 Cr-Mo tubing - thats about it.

... and yes it was a nice find at only US$45,- :cool:

SAM_9329.jpg

SAM_9331.jpg

SAM_9332.jpg

SAM_9330.jpg

Looks really nice for USD$45, where did you pick it up? Were these US or Taiwan made?

that looks like it could be built into something very nice indeed.. :cool:

Mega bargain.. :shock:

John":260xqj6n said:
Looks really nice for USD$45, where did you pick it up? Were these US or Taiwan made?

Hi John yes for 45,- its a scoop, and regarding the item it self... I am just as blank as you...

I have a friend in US who bought it for me and he will forward it to Norway.

Been there, got the t-shirt (and the drops too!) - I got a lot of stick for this but then I dont build for other people, I build for me:

nishiki_cascade_lets_off_road_lindsey_116.jpg

Where FATs fail:

fatmans_curve_605.jpg

another_fat_chance_line_193.jpg

...drops prevailed(same spot with no falling off):

droplets_161.jpg

Although my frame was huuuge, it was a very fast trail bike. I would like another.

legrandefromage cool shal we start a exclusive club ;-)

Tell me about what to wait for... how is the frame, weight, fork performance, frame stiffness etc...?

Regarding the FAT fail... pilot f**k-up I'd say :roll:

PS have that seat adjusted! ... I get upset and uncomfortable looking at seats that are not leveled, as with forks backwards ;-)

hi
big fan of old nishiki mountain bikes of all kinds. lots kicking around my part of the country. but never seen one like that. it's a keeper for sure. :)
roy

Latest posts

Back