Show us yer FSR's

Does that gold linkage not just flip over the other way to jack the rear end up a bit more?

Just woke up so my brain cant work out if that gives more travel due to the pivot being in a different place :LOL:

It's not reversible. But the travel is pretty good considering how old the bike is.
After I replace the fork, I'm going to use it as my XC bike. I've already surpased the limits of the old school FSR as a DH ride. Which means I'm going to need a real DH machine.

Have you tried it the other way ?

I have seen some FSR linkages that can be flipped over to adjust travel, i remember reading a massive thread somewhere about it, may have been a BigHit linkage though ?

I think the "flippable" linkages are with holes one below the other. Duck's is a "normal" one. He can only increase the travel by choosing the foremost hole, as far as I understood physics :)

Grugru":34qbkw9c said:
I think the "flippable" linkages are with holes one below the other. Duck's is a "normal" one. He can only increase the travel by choosing the foremost hole, as far as I understood physics :)

But the gold linkage currently has the lower shock mounting hole lower than the rest??

LOL :LOL:

Although I may be able to flip the linkage over, I'm still not sure it'll make much of a difference. I'm going to measure the shock mount and see if it's centered or not. if you look at the last picture I posted you can see the shock can only mount onto one hole.

illustration is better than my english ;)

medium_fsrlinkages2.JPG

If I was able to flip the linkage over and if it did cause the back to sit higher; the travel would still be the same distance. I'm thinking for a DH bike; made for DH riding; you'd want the back wheel to sit lower.
Now, if the mount point on the linkage was mover closer to the frame it would add travel to the back wheel; but would also require a stiffer shock. Is that correct?
If that is correct, then those 2 larger black linkages would actually allow for less travel than my gold linkage. The distance from the shock mount to the FSR suspension multiplies the travel. Does that make since or am I totally misstaken?

Back