Falcon Milk Race Retro Bike

Yellow Jersey

Dirt Disciple
Hi folks, stumbled across this site and just joined. I have just purchased a FALCON PRO-AM Milk Race road bike, I had one of these back in the day, aswell as a 'Banana' a 'Victor' a 'Rapier' and others I cannot recall, always loved Falcon as at the cheaper end they always appeared better value than Raleigh. I bought this bike off ebay for £68.50 (which I think is a steal) it has hardly been ridden and still has the tag although I took this off to clean it, I'd like to see others old 'Falcons'? It has to be the best thing I have bought and the nostalgia is brilliant :D

IMAG0269.jpg

Mobilecyclerepairs":a7y1z6vx said:
That's a very clean looking bike, probably only ridden a handful of times :)

Yeah the add said only ridden a handful of times, thing is its so clean Im unsure whether to use it or make it mint, sad I know but it seems too good to use which is why I bought it. :LOL:

Yellow Jersey":111s4kvu said:
Anyone got any tips on how to clean up old spokes, Autosol is going to take a very long time?

Cheers
Mark

Ive used a mixture of very fine emery cloth and used flexible fine sanding blocks before, bottom line it need elbow grease whatever the approach.

Blimey that's a good find :)

The spokes aren't meant to be shiney for those wheels, just clean.

Are you thinking they should be chromed ?

Like the retro telly with Video at the front :D

Shaun

Thanks, I think elbow grease it is.

Ah right shaun cheers, I couldn't remember how mine was, I was thinking they werent chrome however they have gone sort of dull if you like, it looks like they have gone mouldy in places, I know they won't have done but its that kind of effect.

As for the TV, I have had that for 20 years and its there as its going to the tip; yours if you want it?

Thanks
Mark

Hi YJ :) "thing is its so clean Im unsure whether to use it or make it mint" This happened to me last year, I bought a Falcon Team Banana expecting a nice useable run around, but it was minty mint perfect with just a flat tyre. Done around 6miles I reckon, the 6 miles from the shop to the sellers home ;) I pondered using it, took it for a few decent 15mile spins, then put it up for sale as "collectors preferred". Simply never had the heart to run it into the ground and wreck it. Sorry I let it go now, but alas had about 9 bikes at the time. The guy who bought it loved it.

Your call what to do, but I agree it is a hard call to make when something this old is almost pristine. Beautiful piece of history, so well preserved. Later buddy, Laz

Lazarus":8rrzjyso said:
Hi YJ :) "thing is its so clean Im unsure whether to use it or make it mint" This happened to me last year, I bought a Falcon Team Banana expecting a nice useable run around, but it was minty mint perfect with just a flat tyre. Done around 6miles I reckon, the 6 miles from the shop to the sellers home ;) I pondered using it, took it for a few decent 15mile spins, then put it up for sale as "collectors preferred". Simply never had the heart to run it into the ground and wreck it. Sorry I let it go now, but alas had about 9 bikes at the time. The guy who bought it loved it.

Your call what to do, but I agree it is a hard call to make when something this old is almost pristine. Beautiful piece of history, so well preserved. Later buddy, Laz

Yeah think it will end up on the wall in the Garage so I've started again to look for a Falcon Team Banana to build as a Retro frame with a more modern group set and some SUP rims in order to do a few 10's on. I will see what turns up, however if you still had the Banana I no doubt would have bought it for the other wall!!!!

That is beautiful :cool:
Thought I'd show mine too as you wanted :)
falcs.jpg

Also have 3 Claud Butlers and an Elswick Hopper.

Back