Mountain Mayhem 2012 - the Aftermath

daj":11ysms82 said:
captaincosmic":11ysms82 said:
I challenge you to a duel sir ;)
I believe there is a little event calles sleepless in the saddle coming up :LOL:

Sadly I am getting married in a months time that has scuppered the rest of my "racing" :LOL: season ......Sadly you will have to wait until next year to try and conquer the WEST MIDLANDS.

Living in the shadow for a WHOLE year!! :LOL:

p.s have you written complaining yet to the timing people? :LOL:

We sleep easy knowing we beat you westies fair and square.

Legacy555":fz8ltmqp said:
daj":fz8ltmqp said:
captaincosmic":fz8ltmqp said:
I challenge you to a duel sir ;)
I believe there is a little event calles sleepless in the saddle coming up :LOL:

Sadly I am getting married in a months time that has scuppered the rest of my "racing" :LOL: season ......Sadly you will have to wait until next year to try and conquer the WEST MIDLANDS.

Living in the shadow for a WHOLE year!! :LOL:

p.s have you written complaining yet to the timing people? :LOL:

We sleep easy knowing we beat you westies fair and square.

Whats that DaJ ? we slept AND easily beat you ?

you can't say that :LOL:

Well, I'm up for it again next year and , so it would appear is my other half !!! :shock: . Said that she needs a bit more confidence on the downhills, but the mud would do wonders to her complexion, apparently ;) . :LOL:

mrkawasaki":2fanorbz said:
Roll Call of Retrobikers who had the nous to attend but not ride...

Keane
Gus
Champ Gav
Edwards
Earl o'Barnet

Add me to that list. I have never felt so smug!

mrkawasaki":2e4bc5u7 said:
Roll Call of Retrobikers who had the nous to attend but not ride...

Keane
Gus
Champ Gav
Edwards
Earl o'Barnet

And me! I was going to go out Sunday am, but just couldn't be arsed. Drank a fair bit sat night too :oops:

24hrs on and I'm missing it already , I still have a large pile of muddy stuff to deal with :roll:

My lap consisted of an early am start on Sunday, I was constantly assessing the weather situation during the night but wind and rain seemed to stop around 5 am, I dragged my sorry carcass out of the sleeping bag at 05:30 and proceeded to eat cerial bar, banana and haribo's washed down with some energy drink whilst a few racing tweaks were made to the Rat Bike for its outing. I had opted for a pair 1.3 schwable tyres which I pumped to 60psi, these were a gamble that I felt I had nothing to loose with :LOL: these proved to be amazing and I was very pleased with the way they rode.

I left the main arena at 06:30 and returned at 08:28 , at halfway point I stopped at turtle bridge to remove my jacket as I was cooking inside it, GT Steve came to the rescue and was my coat bitch :LOL: with this the Turtles then offered me a mohito , beer, cider and chocolates, I turned them down as the family had run down to the heckle tent to cheer me on :cool: I then put my muddy crunchy gears into middle / middle and powered up the bridge onto the second half of the course, The 1.3's were going well and I found that puddles and flowing gloop were my friends, I got the the monument and my bike was starting to feel wrong, the BB was making some knocks, and the whole drive train sounded like a blender :roll: I thought what the heck and carried on to cut my way through the souffle . I came to the final decent into the camping area which was better that last years filling shaker, it was soft and I could choose my own lines, I passed many submerged wolf guards at this point, soon I could see clear track in front and again lay my life in the width of the 1.3's towards the Binman corner at RB HQ, in a heathy style I heckled at the RBers and to see my wife and 2 boys shocked that I was here already and going fast, this one I had to make count and proceeded to power brought the gloop and reminisce of last nights weiners , the shouting had started and I had locked on to a target in front of DAJ's village and promptly took him on straight and passed him under the bridge :cool:, with this I finally made it through the arena on the never ending soggy shredded wheat and chocolate milkshake combo to hand the baton to Fest for his lap :cool:

The Rat bike was excellent and I am honoured yet again at the comments it got. After the lap I joined the long que for the jet wash (3 stations out of a possible 6) and in front of me was TGR with what can only be described as a canal find bike that resembled an orange clockwork somewhere, The Rat bike looked just like the others and was unidentifiable , the guys behind in the que were fans of the old bikes and were asking questions, one asked what Kona is that ?, I replied and he wanted to know what colour :LOL: when I told him he didn't believe me but soon did when I started with the jetwash :LOL:

Great Heckles new were on tap, the best were go on bin man, you've got a bogey on your lip and come on the full face :LOL:

Here are some of the pictures from my phone and camera :cool:

A note to any123 I didn't have red insulation tape !

Health and safe-tea ?
14508c86.jpg

Dock n glory Jackanory
317d0138.jpg

Boots outlet village
bc648c54.jpg

Light weight
a9a1ca59.jpg

Itchy plums
d43fb365.jpg

Midnight antics
a95383bd.jpg

Extra terrestrial
f9b8431f.jpg

DJ Makster
41a2ef13.jpg

952fe56f.jpg

a1dabe68.jpg

Eyeing up sausage ?
9944062c.jpg

Dock n crocks
7938e91e.jpg

Booooom
17adccad.jpg

Wiggle Monkeeeys the lot of you
1547d1be.jpg

You Dirty Rat
bafee190.jpg

fb6e574c.jpg

2f436c6f.jpg

de577a3a.jpg

f7ba7d05.jpg

Racing Mud Fest
bf98e38b.jpg

f59bc9c4.jpg

One thing I just remembered was Cannondale Kings long shorts or short longs with wellie boots , someone must have a picture :LOL:

Thanks again to all :cool: ,the GM household had a great time and will be back next year

Cheers

James :cool:

Back