How difficult can it be !!

treeman

Devout Dirtbag
Picked up a CLAMONT low pro frame and taking my time building it up. The chroming on the lug work should be finished soon and then of to the paint shop, ( nice wee place in Berkhamstead that do it for £40 )
Now how difficult can it be to pick up some frame decals............. well, very, as i have just disscovered. I've tried varieous internet companies who state they can get any decal you could ever want, except the one I want. I've tried as Aussie cycling web site ( the frame is Austrailian ) but no answer came the reply and, finally, I went to the printers to see if they could run me off a set from internet pictures.............. Ha ha ha.
They tried to sting me for £60 saying that they would have to draw it all by hand to start with....... as if.
So, any ideas ?

If the resolution of the internet images you have isn't very good, then they will need to be redrawn. Once a vectorised graphic has been created any prints will be pin sharp, or you could have vinyl cut from the drawn graphics.

Do you have decent quality originals? If so, I might be able to help you out, drop me a PM.

I've ordered some decals from:

info@world-cycle-decals.co.uk

They haven't arrived yet as I've only just ordered them, but the owner has been very good to deal with and came up with a neat design based on my cack-handed Word document attempt at graphics. The price was less than your shop quoted by a fair margin, but I'll let you find that out from the company.

Don't forget some photos!

treeman":1xgx901y said:
Picked up a CLAMONT low pro frame and taking my time building it up. The chroming on the lug work should be finished soon and then of to the paint shop, ( nice wee place in Berkhamstead that do it for £40 )
Now how difficult can it be to pick up some frame decals............. well, very, as i have just disscovered. I've tried varieous internet companies who state they can get any decal you could ever want, except the one I want. I've tried as Aussie cycling web site ( the frame is Austrailian ) but no answer came the reply and, finally, I went to the printers to see if they could run me off a set from internet pictures.............. Ha ha ha.
They tried to sting me for £60 saying that they would have to draw it all by hand to start with....... as if.
So, any ideas ?

The £60 fee for manually digitizing the design vectors is not outrageous when you know how much time is involved. Perhaps you can convince some industrial design student to prepare the vectorial designs and tehn have the shop run the decals.

There would be no need to digitise a vector artwork file - pointless...

If I were doing the decals, and Ive done a few - I would start from scratch and redraw the graphics in Adobe Illustrator. As said they would be pin sharp and digitising them to a pixel based format such as JPEG would only be Ok if the original was good and if they are scanned a high enough resolution.

£60.00 isn't too bad - depending on the complexity of the graphic work involved. Printing is an issue because in order to get opaque graphics it need to be output on the appropriate printer, white decal paper is available and OK if the finished art shape can be easily cut out.

Thanks for the replies, most of the comments are pretty close to what the girlie in the print shop said to me, in saying that they did print some others off for me a couple of years ago without any problem for 20 notes.
Mr. Robbied196 thanks for the offer, i don't have any photos but what I did was ............ go to Google images, type in, clamont bicycle frame decals and on page one you will see them there in black and one in white.
For a better picture if you go to page 4 or 6 they come up loads better in black.
Would appreciate any help.
Ta.

treeman":n0ccc4za said:
Thanks for the replies, most of the comments are pretty close to what the girlie in the print shop said to me, in saying that they did print some others off for me a couple of years ago without any problem for 20 notes.
Mr. Robbied196 thanks for the offer, i don't have any photos but what I did was ............ go to Google images, type in, clamont bicycle frame decals and on page one you will see them there in black and one in white.
For a better picture if you go to page 4 or 6 they come up loads better in black.
Would appreciate any help.
Ta.

The beauty of Google :) Always a lot easier if you can find a set before they are installed on the bike. Is this is the set you are looking for? PM on the way.

Attachments

• 2012-06-26_0822.png
    2012-06-26_0822.png
    18 KB · Views: 282
Back