Schwinn Rocket 88 frame

Simon

The rear travel is 88 mm - thats where Rocket 88 comes from

I dont know the technical name for the linkage set up but it rides rearly well with no noticeable bob. Heres a review of this model http://www.dirtragmag.com/reviews/schwi ... 88-stage-3

Weight. Bike is built at moment so no idea of frame weight

Hi Simon weighed bike by the unscientific method of using my bathroom scales and believe weight as built to be 13kgs.

The build is not particularly light mostly deore = cranks , shifters, cassette, derailleurs. Ritchey seatpost cheapo . Kore Stem

Marzocchi forks from 2002.

Wheels are Bontrager race - approx 1800 -1900 grams.

The onl;y light thing on it is a carbon easton bar.

Yes I would think it possible to get it down to 27 lbs

You could save 200 grams by using light weight tubes and another 200 grams by using lighter pedals - "(the v8s weigh 540 grams), Deore cassette weighs 400 grams - another 150 from using XT cassette, so thats 500 grams just from those 3 without thinking about forks etc

Effective top tube - 22 1/2 - 23" - . Seatube 19" from centre bb to top.

The bike is set up for me at 5' 10" if thats any help.

more pics of built bike on request

Hi,
Is there any sideward play in the rear end, and does the frame have any dents or damage? Would it take a bottom bracket mounted chain device without fouling the swingarm?

Cheers
Craig

Schwinn

Sorry for delay in replying - not been well

1) theres no play in rear end. It uses sealed bearings rather than bushes. the main bearing has just been replaced.

2) There aren't any dents, the bike is scratched but no anything major.

3) I'm not sure what sort of chain device you are talking about, but the swing arm is symmetrical and largest ring doesn't hit the swinging arm, so presume chain device will fit. Send me a pic of what you are thinking of and I'll let you have my honest opinion.

jimmy5willy":34bf9dli said:
Where did you get the shock from? Been Looking for a Stratos supplier for ages!

<Free Bump!>

I bought my stratos shock from hotlines. Was sometime ago mind.

On holiday at the mo, let u know what chain device it
is when I get home, think it should be ok.
Cheers Craig.

Back