WTD: Cheap 16" Frame & Forks

theproudhighway

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,

Looking for a cheap frame that's 15" or 16" C-C. Don't mind what the material is, happy with steel or alu.

Don't really mind if it needs plenty of TLC as it will be a project to get my brother interested in fixing up bikes.

What have you got? Really don't mind what it is, even if you think it's crap, it still might be of interest to me.

Cheers

Going to be stripping a 16" steel kona lava dome over the weekend so will have the frame and fork off that available.

Only thing is the c-c is probably less than 15" as the 16" is c-t :?

Think it is a 97 or 98 and has at some point been painted baby blue by argos although a bit tatty now. Forks are some rockshox judy but are very stiff.

Could let you have frame, fork, kona headset, lx? front mech, and some kona flat bars for £50 posted?

Chris.

1991 Saracen Limited Edition frame etc.

Might be too old for you @ 1991 but you could have this 16" Saracen in Tange MTB steel for £25 + cost of postage. Original forks, headset, bars, stem, bb, internal brake cables + bar ends, s/post, Saracen saddle incl. Fair condition paint, leave or respray.

Attachments

• P3210010.JPG
    P3210010.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 271
Hiya. Would a size small Salsa moto rapido be of Interest?

Scandium front end with carbon rear.
It takes discs and vees ( but it'll need bosses )
It's black with rasta 'flames'

I'll be honest and say up close the paint is knackered in places but there's massive sections of helicopter tape over a lot of it.
I reckon it could be touched up with a bit of work.

It is mentally light though.

I ride the same but a single speed and it's ace !

Pictures via email /PM if you fancy

Re: 1991 Saracen Limited Edition frame etc.

jimbo-xc":v22zkivx said:
Might be too old for you @ 1991 but you could have this 16" Saracen in Tange MTB steel for £25 + cost of postage. Original forks, headset, bars, stem, bb, internal brake cables + bar ends, s/post, Saracen saddle incl. Fair condition paint, leave or respray.

Thanks, Jimbo. It's not too old for me personally, but then again it isn't for me. I'm sure someone will snap that up in the other MTB for sale thread.

Back