Local Cycle Jumbles 2012

york-cycle-show-logo.jpg

Met slmracing on my way out there today, parking is easy and not a problem, (basically anywhere nearby or on the field)
Smallish area with 3 large tents, food tent to sit in if it's raining, some trails show, some bumpy bits for the young 'uns to have a ride over.

No idea what the auction was like as had walked in to york by then.
Plenty of clothes you could look through and people to talk to.
Small section of proper vintage bikes and some 'retro' mtb, though I debated how old his Raliehgt Summit was (claimed 1992, but I say probably 1991 or earlier as the RS1 forks are original to the bike.)
He has a funny pedalling push/push cahindrive on a bike.
I think it's circa 1995 from the look of the bike and the bits on it from a distance.
A proflex of course from that era.

Fibrax selling cheap canti/caliper/v blocks there
setup should be a bit different tomorrow, I assume the 'saddlebag sale' will take over on of the tents.
Though todays job of looking at the islabike and young'un having a test 'fit and tide' on one. Beinn 20 Large as still cannot ride and the 24 would be to difficult to learn on.

I should still be there tomorrow have a look around and I think you could do a stall if anyone wanted in the saddlebag (registration time is on the whats on.)

Good to see you Ben, I managed to get what I wanted for the right money, this event is geared more towards the road cyclist, nothing wrong with that but some of them need to learn some manners and try smiling occasionally, miserable gits, or are us rough and ready mountain bikers too friendly, Anyway we need to get out for a ride soon Ben do you have anything planned :)

Good to see you ben and thanks for the swop on the Mag21 steerer - it's perfect!

Bagged a few Shimano 600 goodies for the Bianchi and two pairs of reasonably tidy Onza clipless pedals for £2 for both pairs!

Well Happy...

Will probably do a stall next year!

I looked at the Onza pedals in the jumble.
I got a m900 headset minus bearings and crown (it all new still) for a couple of quid, a now dx band on top pull font mech for a few quid more.
some xt 737/8 hub set for less than a tenner and bearing all felt good, compact and 74 alu granny rings for a quid each...
and I guess some other things I'll have forgotten about when I look in the bag. It seemed a bit more relaxed around the site today.

then the afternoon in york again :)

Next years York Cycle show date is set

York Cycle Show
The 2013 date has now been set, the show will be on the weekend of 22nd & 23rd June

and for anyone reading there is a Jumble in Kelvin Hall, Hull this morning
http://cogindustries.blogspot.co.uk/
Cyclemania%2BII.png

and we are hoping if information is correct (can anyone check with Old Ned ?)
the Bygone Bykes in Melton, changed to the end of the month. October 27th. Unfortunately hard to find info and going of local C2C's info.
We are still putting on a ride for this

and apparently this one Sheffield has moved to November as shown from the 29th September
http://sheffieldcyclejumble.files.wordpress.com/

jumble-nov-2012.jpg

If anyone wishes to put on local rides around these I'm sure a few of us jumble-ers (looks at marc2tone ;)) might come and join in.

:D the bramall lane one is very good, lots of mtb. last year some 'get' was carrying out a P7 nickel frame as i entered the main entrance. probably £30 n all. :) might have to camp outside this time. i do love a jumble.

peaks to the west and bugger all else in any other direction in ride-ability of this location. ((pauses for thought)).....double click on google earth short cut icon beckons.

I found this years York show disappointing,not much going on.Must have be the rain that put people off.It was a bit of a mud bath.Usually more going on.

Still managed to spend £30.00 though :LOL:

Marctwotone has just found this jumble in November. Its a few hundred yards from my house and in my daughters school hall so couldn't be much handier :LOL:

Attachments

• ey2.jpg
    ey2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 363

Latest posts

Back