June 2012 rBoTM - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gitane is a class act..... for me it is between this and the Gazelle..... need to pour over both of them....

Roche's Battaglin

I've just finished restoring this Battaglin for Stephen Roche..This is one of 3 Battaglin bikes that he raced during the 1987 season in which he won the Triple Crown! Giro, TDF and Worlds.

Ok it's not mine, but its rather special so maybe deserves the nomination..

054.jpg

051.jpg

Stephen rode the bike into Paris last Saturday while taking part in the "L2P", London To Paris. This was in celebration of his 25th anniversary of winning the triple crown.

http://www.londres-paris.com/news_artic ... cleid=5943

Re: Roche's Battaglin

mark34":1oveg07x said:
I've just finished restoring this Battaglin for Stephen Roche..This is one of 3 Battaglin bikes that he raced during the 1987 season in which he won the Triple Crown! Giro, TDF and Worlds.

Ok it's not mine, but its rather special so maybe deserves the nomination..

Stephen rode the bike into Paris last Saturday while taking part in the "L2P", London To Paris. This was in celebration of his 25th anniversary of winning the triple crown.

http://www.londres-paris.com/news_artic ... cleid=5943

While I thoroughly appreciate your posting of these photos, I believe it is not appropriate in RBotM thread. I would far prefer that you start a separate thread that highlights nothing else but this bike where more photos can be seen. It is most definitely worthy of a good dozen photos.

I believe when you start making exceptions and allow people to enter bikes that do not belong to them, it is only a short step away from having people simply searching out cool bikes on the Internet. If Stephen himself wants to join, then it is perfectly legitimate but lets keep this to the bikes belonging to the members.

I've just finished my own project which I thought I'd share with folk. It's a mid 80s (ish) Condor, built specially for someone called B Robinson although I have no idea who he is.

I picked it up on Ebay and have added a few bits and changed a few bits, but it's finally ready for my first weekend tour. The parts are all Shimano Dura ace (mainly first gen) or Campagnolo. Bit of a mix but this is my first build so haven't exactly got a full set of parts from the same family. Frankly I just added bits I liked!

I hope you like it as much as me![/img]

Attachments

• IMG_3236.JPG
    IMG_3236.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 1,860
  • IMG_3239.JPG
    IMG_3239.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 1,860
gfgh

Apologies if these are a bit ubiquitous these days but I've just finished my Colnago Tecnos so figured I'd throw it up here. This was always going to be a rider so I wanted to steer it away from the retro box and thought the 1998-2002 Campagnolo kit was the natural choice to keep it usable and period correct. Here in France I scour the endless bargains in the local classifieds for retro kit and saw this frame kitted out with a rather sad looking mix of Shimano Tri-colour and 105 parts for €300 (£240) so figured it was worth a punt. What I found was this almost immaculate frame. I've kept it Chorus 9sp, mainly to compliment the 2nd tier, Chorus level Vento wheels which I've been saving for a suitable build, the colour match of the wheel decals was an unforseen bonus. Colnago purists will groan but I felt the straight forks just didn't work aesthetically as well as a curved fork. Anyway, here it is, it works so well it's actually dull.

7446707230_cbaf2bc049_b.jpg

I excluded 3 bikes from the competition:

Gazelle - it is for sale. Keep it and enter it again next month :)
Battaglin - bike has to be owned. Having in possession is not enough I am afraid. Buy it and enter it again next month :)
Condor - only one bike per month allowed. Enter it again next month :)

All great rides, so do what you have to do and feel free to enter them next month :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back