Pitmedden: The BBQ, sausages and singletrack - Fri 27th July

Woohoo, looking forward to this. Need to get up there before hand and scout that connecting trail to the nice wee trail(the one with bombhole) that myself, keithyr and FFTC did the last time.

Not sure about camping, it's hard to resist the lure of a roof. Probably wait and see what the weather's going to be like.

took kieth dcown that one last time we were up there ZZ
if you set off from the wee bench nextr to the fire road ,then take a
left up the wee hill at the muddy rooty bit about 500 yards from the bench
and head off that way it runs across the road and into that bit you want
then as shed and gazzmac did you can pedal 9 miles back to the cars on the glentarkie road
or go back up the fire road

guess what my choice was ?

btw you can also get to this bit from the rock climb (up from the windmills)
if you keep veering to the right

sounds like summat from a videogame walk thru
gees a shout when your heading up . i might tag along

Already looking forward to this one :D Pimedden suitable for nightriding then? Not that it should get too dark I don't think.

tell me somewhare that is not suitable for night riding

will be fine , tho we're in the 24 hr daylight bit the now ,cloud cover dependant

I'm up for this but my nightriding light system will be interesting consisting of a HUGE LED Hand torch. I dont like night riding but I do like Barbeque so I'll suffer one to get the other :cool:

Sounds good, even I should be able to score a pass for a friday night, provided i'm not at yet another wedding that weekend...

highly unlikely for me, all going well there will be a new born in the house demanding attention :) :? :cry: :D

Ah, congartulations gmac :D I assume we have to skip roadie cycling as well :eek: As for me I'm up for it and really want to go. Is highly unlikely I could finish job earlier but I'll se what I can do. Is that place near Aberdeen right?

Back